37x 12.50R 17 tire upgrade on CUCV

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

mtperkins

Starting this thread because i am venturing into the tire swap game.

Purchased:

4 ProComp 1069 rims 17x9 with 8x6.5 bolt pattern. Wheel centers are 130 MM
4 37x12.50R17 Mud tires 10 ply from EBAY.

I plan on uploading pictures to help fellow CUCV fans.

thanks,
Matt

mtperkins

Do you have a good bit of lift and or fender trimming planned?
Great Question, my CUCV is stock. I am waiting for the tires and rims to arrive currently. Painting the polished Aluminium rims with high temp black paint is my first project. Being a NY truck the old girl has some rust so i snagged a TEXAS cab and box. My box is rough. I will be taking it off and blasting the frame before applying Chassis Saver.

Looking at lift kits right and body spacers currently. Thinking of calling off road designs. They seems to be on this site a lot and have experience with CUCV.

Any tips or links by SS members are welcome.

thanks,
Matt

Barrman

Second the ORD dominance of the Square body.

I don't think your rear tires will have any issue fitting. The fronts will for sure. I have 35's (315/75r17) tires on H2 wheels under my Cowdog Suburban. I had to use an ORD 1 inch add a leaf plus trim the front and rear of the wheel openings in the front. The rear tires fit with plenty of clearance. I did an ORD 2.5 inch shackle flip in the rear though to make the truck level. Which it did to perfection.

If I were to do it again. I would probably just buy ORD springs that are actually curved to end up with a 2-4 inch lift and a much smoother ride.

Here is my fender trimming. Post 296 shows the truck done and there are pictures all over the thread:

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks