• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395 mounting issues... help

jspinks

I also used my old stock tubes from my stock deuce rims in my new 395 tires and they worked fine. They tire guy didn't know if they would work but he said he would do what ever i wanted him to do and it worked out fine. BUT....I do have a problem. I bobbed my deuce and mounted an M105 bed on the back and the 395 tires are rubbing my bed on the sidewall. Is there a simple mob instead of buying new rims. I aint buying new rims. All I need is about 3/4 inch out and they'll clear the sidewall.

spicergear

I had a problem one time with an 1100x 16 when running a 900x16 tube in it so I went up to larger tubes so the tube wouldn't be inflated to an extreme amount just for it's everyday life. I would definitely recommend saving the couple of bucks to run the larger tube than ...making due... with stock tubes.

ALSO, QUICK QUESTION FOR THE GUYS ON STOCK WHEELS, 395'S, NOT FLIPPING THE REAR HUBS AND RUNNING REAR WHEELS OPPOSITE THE FRONT WITH THE CENTERS IN: What is the difference between front track width to rear track width??? I have some old M34 single style wheels I've thought of using to make the offset less. Please throw a tape measure across your truck for me~! Thanks!!! [thumbzup]

eldgenb

I had a problem one time with an 1100x 16 when running a 900x16 tube in it so I went up to larger tubes so the tube wouldn't be inflated to an extreme amount just for it's everyday life. I would definitely recommend saving the couple of bucks to run the larger tube than ...making due... with stock tubes.

ALSO, QUICK QUESTION FOR THE GUYS ON STOCK WHEELS, 395'S, NOT FLIPPING THE REAR HUBS AND RUNNING REAR WHEELS OPPOSITE THE FRONT WITH THE CENTERS IN: What is the difference between front track width to rear track width??? I have some old M34 single style wheels I've thought of using to make the offset less. Please throw a tape measure across your truck for me~! Thanks!!! [thumbzup]
I would say somewhere between 6-9 inches, I don't have one right now to measure but it is a big difference, it still looks cool but If I cold get both to mirror the rears that way it would be real cool. I am making some wheels with a 0 offset so the mounting portion of the wheel is dead center no offset either way, tires will stick out pretty good but will have a gnarly stance.

As for the question about flipping hubs and dishing in wheels the only thing you can do it tub the bed about 6" on each side to make room for them, not hard to do but you will have to know how to work with sheet metal a little bit.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the bed/tire interference problem:
can't you just add some 3"x3" box tube between the deuce frame and the 105a2 bed frame?

2cents

spicergear

I would say somewhere between 6-9 inches, I don't have one right now to measure but it is a big difference, it still looks cool but If I cold get both to mirror the rears that way it would be real cool. I am making some wheels with a 0 offset so the mounting portion of the wheel is dead center no offset either way, tires will stick out pretty good but will have a gnarly stance.

As for the question about flipping hubs and dishing in wheels the only thing you can do it tub the bed about 6" on each side to make room for them, not hard to do but you will have to know how to work with sheet metal a little bit.
I like the look of the 395's but not that large difference in track widths. I thought maybe using the original single style wheels (non dual able for rear) it would bring the front out a couple inches and the rears in a couple inches. Hmmm...for that matter maybe just run all of them and flip the rear hubs. Still tossing it around...Thanks for the estimate.

KsM715

For the bed/tire interference problem:
can't you just add some 3"x3" box tube between the deuce frame and the 105a2 bed frame?

2cents
:ditto: Raise the bed or breakout the saws-all or grinder with a cut off wheel and remove the offending material.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks