• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395's front only

jasonjc

I run 12.50R20 XL's on the front of 2 of my trucks. The seem to work real good and they trun better and handle better. The rears are still 9.00-20NDT's. The 12.50's and 9.00's are just about the same size. Like a new 9.00 vs an old 9.00. They look good too[thumbzup]

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
395's are way taller than 9.00's, like 6" taller. About 3" taller than a 11.00 as well.

Danger Ranger

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you should not run different diameter tires on the same truck. Your asking for trouble if you do.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
What thought?. Are we supposed to think before we post?.
I was wondering if anyone has super singled the front only before and I see that someone prior to me has thought of this. Sure makes 'em look better.

No, not really.

They used a tire that was the same height as their other tires. You are asking about different size tires.

I have thought about the possibility of putting a wider tire on the front. I like the look of the duals in the rear but would like a more aggressive/wider tire in the front. Sort of the look some of the concrete trucks have. I do understand that the tire diameters have to be the same in order for there not to be any problems if the front axel is engaged. Possibly using a re-centered HEMMTT rim???? But then what (if any) tires would be the same diameter/height as 9x20?

jasonjc

I have thought about the possibility of putting a wider tire on the front. I like the look of the duals in the rear but would like a more aggressive/wider tire in the front. Sort of the look some of the concrete trucks have. I do understand that the tire diameters have to be the same in order for there not to be any problems if the front axel is engaged. Possibly using a re-centered HEMMTT rim???? But then what (if any) tires would be the same diameter/height as 9x20?

See post #2:grd:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe you still will experience wind up even without engaging the front axle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks