• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton 818 Battery

treessw

Ok, I have read through the posts, and I know I have seen the cross reference for the coralating civi parts for the Mil parts. Will the 6TL series battery work in the 818? or would this just be a duece specific application?

Any other suggestions are welcomed!!!

Dont bash me to hard for what very well could be a very simple answer. Dont think my brain is quite firing right this morning. Thanks in advance

Westech

CPL
Yes you can run two.. if you ONLY drive it while warm out. If you are going to drive it when 40* or below you will want 4 or it will put a TON of extra stress on the batteries and may cause a issue.

FormerNewMVGuy

Why would you not be able to slave it? You can move the cables.......
Thats true , when i first got my truck i only had two batteries in it, and the way i hooked em up , you couldnt slave it without moving the cables, maybe i should have just said that... Please dont give me demerits for not being clear on it. :)

m139h2otruck

FYI, we have two size 31 batteries in the M812A1, and while it dosn't like it at 30F, it will start. Always wanted to try 2 size 4 equipment batteries, but not sure of fit.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I run two 8N blems in the 819, thay are hot enough to start big cat equipment, ought to be good enough to start a little 250, also the price is a lot better then the over priced 6tls

motorolanut

I have two AGM type High CCA's Group 31's in my 813 and have no problem starting in the winter here in WV. I got tired of screwing with those pesky 6tl's or regular acid filled wet batteries for that matter having to replace them every couple of years.

If you can afford them, AGM type batteries are the way to go. [thumbzup]

R Racing

I have done 4 X 24 series wally worlds in all my 5 tons I like having the extra cranking when I need it when the weather turns cold.If you ever get a leaky fuel line and it sucks air you will be glad you did. Another note is wally world batteries just went up $18.00 each !

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run two 6tls and two group 31's. Two of the four 6tls that came with my 813 tested good, two were shot, so I replaced those with group 31's. I had to mod the battery box a bit to fit the 31's, and had to make some hold downs, but it only took a few minutes and it works well.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use 4 - Group 31's and you won't have to worry about cold weather starts. Down south, we can get away with 2, with no problems.

03silverado

Im with 73M819 I run two big 8D series batteries that are designed for heavy equipment and I have. No problems starting no matter what the temp is. Also at about $200 a piece without a core they are still cheaper than those darn 6TL's which will run you about $800 for four they're around $175 a piece. You will need to make battery hold downs for the 8D's though haven't done so for mine yet but I will post pics when I do.:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks