• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 TON air filter cross references number?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The comments weren't meant to ridicule or berate his innovation. But merely meant to educate. The military overspec'ed the filtration on these trucks for a reason.

Scarecrow1

patracy I would never try to insinuate that your post was anything other than helpful and on the money. If there was a better filter system it would have been used in Desert storm and would now be the standard. I met Josh last weekend in his home town for coffee and conversation. He is a great guy and is a growing and necessary part of the future of our nation and SS. You hit the nail on the head with there not being a better filter and the fact that you could just wash them out was priceless. I just know in the genesis of any improvement their is one person that ask the question HOW do I make this better ? That is why I encourage not Josh but every member young and old to never stop asking the questions. I never meant for my comment to belittled your helpful advice............

Doug Hanson

Just to throw two more cents in there: just my own personal opinion, I would rather throw 100 percent of retained dirt away as opposed to washing out 90 percent. The advantages of a washable element in a combat situation are more than obvious, but fortunately I don't find myself in those situations. Performance issues are a valid concern though, the problem is finding the data. If there were quantifiable data so as to compare the micron rating and beta ratios for given pressure drops across the elements as well as dirt holding capacity I would definitely let that influence my decision, until then I'm a throw it away kinda guy.
A question though, what kind of effect do you think giving the air compressor it's own filtration so as to not rob manifold air would have? Effects on naturally aspirated as well as boosted?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that wrecker he has, and at this point, he would be better served trying to find a 290, 350, or 400 to put in it if he is wanting more power.