• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton aluminum rims

Status
Not open for further replies.

162tcat

I ran the 24.5's off my 97 Mack Ch613 and they fit fine. I now run HEMTT rims. You should have no issue finding commercial rims that fit.

Csm Davis

Any standard bud rim will fit buy all you want.[/QUOTE

"Budd" is just a generic term describing the style of the wheel. There is basically 2 styles, Budd and Dayton. Dayton has the 5 spoke cast hub. Budd is designed just like a wheel on a car or pickup.
I most definitely don't want a Dayton style rim, so that leaves me with the normal wheel everyone has, Budd.
BUT..... I am not able to find aluminum rims that have the right bolt pattern and center hole to fit the 5 ton Rockwell axles. Also, they would have to be the right offset.
Wrong Budd is not a generic term for wheels, it is a stud centric wheel invented by the Budd corporation and the standard 10 bolt pattern on 95% of all over the road trucks built before 1990 will fit on the 5 ton Rockwell axle. The hub centric wheel is a later adaptation of the Budd that was probably used to get around the patents that Budd should own. The Dayton is not a type of Budd and is never called a Budd.
As has been pointed out by many post since mine if there is anything different on a stud centric wheel it will be the center hole which is going to be the same size on most. I am not going to say you won't ever find a wheel that won't fit but I doubt you will. Just look for the chamfered lug holes.

Maui6x6

Wrong Budd is not a generic term for wheels, it is a stud centric wheel invented by the Budd corporation and the standard 10 bolt pattern on 95% of all over the road trucks built before 1990 will fit on the 5 ton Rockwell axle. The hub centric wheel is a later adaptation of the Budd that was probably used to get around the patents that Budd should own. The Dayton is not a type of Budd and is never called a Budd.
As has been pointed out by many post since mine if there is anything different on a stud centric wheel it will be the center hole which is going to be the same size on most. I am not going to say you won't ever find a wheel that won't fit but I doubt you will. Just look for the chamfered lug holes.
Hmmm, take a look at your original post....just simply rude! Not helpful! Everyone since that post has been helpful. I'm not some punk kid that doesn't know anything.
I know "Budd" was originally any company, but that was long ago, and nowadays, Budd is a generic term, kinda like "vise-grip". Also, I never said a Dayton is a type of Budd.
Maybe next time before you post on someone's thread, you might realize they are just looking for information and leave your rude attitude behind.

rangereter

Also be advised that aluminum wheels are much "thicker" at the bolt pattern section of the disk...you will need to install longer wheel studs to mount these wheels.
Regards, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.