• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton brass build

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
could you please give a link to Pb that would give a slide show, so we can look at the build from start to now and the future

crawler07

seatyger
thank you for the complement. As for tools I use nothing extravagant tin snips,bench vise,dolly ,hammer a few wooden bucks I made along the way and small torch..

Kenny the build pretty much in the same state, I have been building a few thins for a company that sells scale RC on the internet as well as building another one of these for a friend that helped me along the way as a thanks to him..

I cant post a link to my photobucket account due to the fact theirs over 4000 pics in it and I never make a seperate album...But I willl continue to update you guys as I go along..

I guess I could post a link from a RC forum . I started from the begining of the build their ..If its OK with the mods??

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which full size model of truck are you using to build the model? Early 5 tons with the gasser, multifuel, or Mack, or the 809 series, with the Cummins engine?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a little bit of patience, a fair amount of material, and a whole lot of talent! Thanks for sharing! Really awesome build!

God bless,
Tony

crawler07

Which full size model of truck are you using to build the model? Early 5 tons with the gasser, multifuel, or Mack, or the 809 series, with the Cummins engine?
Im thinking its more of an M814 look than anything, And I plan to make the engine look like the cummins .

Thanks for the complement Tony..

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's pretty cool watching the suspension travel. You probably need a little more weight in the rear to keep from spinning :)

crawler07

That's pretty cool watching the suspension travel. You probably need a little more weight in the rear to keep from spinning :)

I have an all brass bed im working on and I will also be mounting the battery in wooden ammo box in the bed later. The main reason it was spinning the rears is due to the stock inner axles binding and locking up the front tires like a line lock good for drag racing not so good for offroad traction lol I have just got a set of cvd's so I shouldn't have that issue any more

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good. I would say that it looks more like a M817(dump) then the cargo series of 5 tons. The dump has two small square fuel tanks, while the cargos have a big rectangular tank.

The grill, hood and cab look wonderful........

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting that is some really great skills you have ,love the out come!!!
? will you be installing a sound board , I know there is one from made by elmode , they are pretty good we used them in our 1/16 scale tanks and trucks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks