• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton brass build

crawler07

Hi all!! I am new here but i have been lurking for a while now. I do not own any military vehicles, but I am in the process of building a 5 ton truck from brass. I will also be making it into an RC. This is where I am at so far.

started with a drawing.

start of the frame.

rear spring plans

made the rear spring hangers from plastic first.

then from brass

heres the axles the body and frame will be built around.

built the axle brackets

ctmustang

Nice work-Pure talent. I'm into the whole R/C thing except I build large scale aircraft. Just finishing a p47 with a 9ft. wingspan I've been building for 5 years. Can't wait to get it in the air! It's something to do when I'm not working on my mv's.
C.T. :wink:

crawler07

Thanks fellas!! I do have more pics.
Wooden buck for the top

After alot of hammering and cursing

Tha cab and windshield shaping up.

Working out the design for the hood and fenders

Fender and acc panel

cowel all built

deuceaid

Banned
Wow, You are pouring alot of love and labor in to it,,, I'll Give Ya $40 dollars for it..............Thats just a bad joke, I wouldnt ever give it up unless some major money or opportunity / offer to build more came along. Keep up the Good work,,,,,,,,,,,If I had $500 for a cool mini deuce hood ornament to put on my deuce, I would, maybe even a $1000.... But I can understand the model thing too, I love the RC Hemtt I have seen on youtube.

Looks Good, and like everyone else says:ditto:,,, cant wait to see the final work of art!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have WAY more patience than I do. I would've smashed it into scrap by now if something didn't come out the way I planned.

Everything I made in shop class always turned out to be an ashtray.

littlebob

Great work! I have looked through books and magazines at book stores that show projects like this and it has always amazed me that modelers can take drawings of mechanical machines and vehicles and build working replicas.
What type of drive train will you use/build?

crawler07

Thanks fellas! I have been very lucky in that I have used a number of new building methods and they have all turned out good the first time on this build...Now in saying that Im sure the next build segment will go to sh1t.lol...As for drive train I will be using a tamiya 3 speed trans from a semi truck rc. the axles are RC4WD rockwell scalers or blackwells as they call them. The drive shafts are also from the tamiya kit. I will be making my own leaf springs from some scrap pieces of spring steel I found at work today!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks