• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton brass build

crawler07

Thats a cool truck!! I have another one of thes cabs to build for a friend and then one a complete dumptruck version and then I want to build a command car from all brass and copper then maybe Ill go for a gunner rig???If I have any sanity left:cookoo:

Kaiserjeeps

I just read this entire thread from the start. This is the best build thread I have read RC or full size in quite a while. Wow! Amazing hammer forming in miniature.
My last real job was restoring classics for a guy who had a model toy business on the side. Most of them came from china. Brass, lots of detail, cranes, dump trucks, tons of different bulldozers. The detail does not even come close to yours. Some of the bigger models sold for 30K! What you have created is beyond art. And far beyond the models I saw hand built by the folks who have all the jobs over there. Crazy good work.
I am building a 1/10 scale RC jeep ( 1st gen axial scorpion) with a canoe and all the junk in back. Custom lights with glass lenses the works. A replica of mine. I look at mine and then at yours and realize I still have a toy. Looking forward to more pictures. Wow.

crawler07

Thanks alot KJ for the complements I do work hard at this becouse I love this hobby.. I dont know about it being all that special ,but it makes me happy!And im sure yours is looking good (its a jeep after all!)..
Well not much progress
I have hit a serious wall with this cab. I decided to attach the cab to the hoodsides to the headlight to the fenders so it all comes off as one piece.And what a pain in the rear it been...I think I have it figured out I willl build a inner steel frame structure that attaches all the pieces together I will start on it inm the morning.but heres what I have done this morning.

crawler07

Yep hairba11 hit the nail on the head! I was doing some prototype work for them and they would give me product in return! I will have an update tomorrow for you guys so stay tuned!

crawler07

a few small things done since last update
built a batt box

painted the rims to look worn and battle torn!

built tranny tunnel

shot of tunnel along with the spring seat!

have more soon!

Seatyger

You Sir are Awesome to quote my Kid's LOL! Your also killing me, that is an amazing build. Now my guy's want to know if we can build a fleet for their GI Joe's!

Great Fab skills, can you show us a picture of your primary tools?

Looking forward to watching yuour progress.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks