• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Dump to tractor coversion?

TBigLug

Hey pa.rich, citizensoldier has a 5 ton dump that needs motor work. Might make you a good deal on it. I definitely might be interested in parts. I'll wait till I pick up the project truck before I start accumulating parts. I don't think it will be too hard to mount the fifth wheel. Set, align, drill, bolt. The air line situation, I'll just tap into the air lines by the back of the cab and run a new set up the back of the cab so I can leave the rear ones in for hauling trauilers. Cranetruck, I like the design that avoids drilling the flanges but I'm strapped for a workshop. I'll have to pull this off as cheaply as possible. Rizzo, is that $1.50 per door to door or door to door and back? ie. 10 miles apart would it be $15 or $30? Loving the ideas guys. Keep 'em coming. Recovery, I realized why I drew a blank on what a trolley valve was. I've always referred to it as a hand valve.

NEIOWA

Have a 5ht wheel available

If anyone is interested in a 5th wheel. My FD recently received a tractor from US Navy surplus. We are converting to a water tanker so don't need the hitch (do need $ for the tanker project). No sure of the value, interested in opinions. Thinking of ebay but if get a decent offer will sell now. Truck is a 1991 F900 6x6 (only had 18000mi so truck & hitch have not had much use).

Hitch is a 2" Fontaine "No Slack" full floating (3axis/cross country) style WITH a slider. Slider has air cylinder to operate the lock on the slider. We'll remove the assembly from the truck and palletize for pickup or truck freight.

Attachments

TBigLug

RE: Have a 5ht wheel available

Don't worry crane, I have an incredible amount of ingenuity. Call it a knack for getting things done that I shouldn't have been able to. We call it Hillbilly Engineering.