• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton gears

gunit

i got 6.44 gears with 16.00x20's, would like to gear it down more. whats available. when my speedo is at 55 im at about 70. to fast for 22k#... acceleration? if my speedo went to 550 mpg would i be doing 700 mph or more. :driver: bet that would leave a crease in your seat cushion

paradeduty

hey gunit -

not an expert, but as far as I know - the only swaps are for the diff gears out of a 5-ton Bridge Truck. I think at least the original series 5-tons (M54, etc.) had higher gears for the 14:00-20 NDCC's.

there might be some gears avail nowdays with all of the axles that were used for the monster trucks and stuff but that is out of my field.

good luck, Dave

SixSpeed

Banned
I haven't decided if we are talking about speedo gears or axle gears. Seems like there is a little of both in this thread.

If we are talking about speedo gears, who makes the speedo in the 5-ton. Do they use gear drives?

wehring

low

10.25:1 gears were issued in a few 5 ton variants. Look around Fl. The mud boggers love these with the 66" tires.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

There are alot of other ratios from the civilian world of truck that used the rockwell toploader that will work. I have 2 sets of axles with 5.81 ratio gears that will bolt right into the 5 ton so they are available.

tonka tester

i need some in a 8-9 to 1 range:deadhorse: what kind of civilian trucks do i look for? old mixer trucks? crane trucks? or maybe i need some planets

Last edited: