• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

50/50 Diesel Gas Mix as Deuce Fuel?

reset2

I have made a mixture of waste motor oil and reg ul gas. I Use a 5 gl bucket. Pour in one gal gas then four gal wmo. Let settle 6 weeks. Pour off four gallons of black oil and scrap the last gallon. If you don't use a centerfuge to get rid of the solids you should do this process. Not a rule but most of the time I will blend in 30 to 50 percent diesel to avoid the carbon buildup.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

williamh

If the Fuel Density Compensator hasn't been bypassed and is working , you should be able to run any amount of the allowed fuels (oil,gas,trans fluid etc.) and not have any issues other than the ones previously noted.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran gas diesel all the time when FedEx van drivers fueled their vans with gas. They would tow to us and we would have it pumped out to the tune of $400 per truck, 25 gallons! After 2 or 3 of these, I asked if I could have the stuff. I was asked why, told them, and they said OK. It benefitted me, free go juice, it benefitted FedEx, didn't have to wait a week to get it pumped out. They got their van back in a day or less.

I also ran new hydraulic oil/gas or diesel, clean motor oil, clean ATF, and any other left over oil I could find. When running gas/diesel, I did notice that if there was too much gas, it cranked longer and kinda hunted at hot idle. If that happened, I just added oil or diesel.

A friend of mine ran everything. If he did an oil change, be it in his diesel pick up, deuce, jeep, lawnmower, he put it in the tank. He even ran used ATF and had no issues. We used to drive these 120 miles to the Dirtbag events, drive them all over the desert and then back home and all around town, the only issue he had was the first fuel filter would plug.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks