• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

53 inch tall tire on m35

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, its going to be your truck, make the one you want. If your set on 53s I think you would be WAY happier with an 818. True power steering too. Opcom(Patrick) on this site built an 818 with a 109 box on it and had 53s but stepped down in tire size. Maybe you might send him a PM and see what his thoughts are. Knowing what you are up against is half the battle. Nobody I know has done what you want, so you will have to be the trailblazer on this one.

KsM715

Steve is a personal friend of mine. Just got off the phone with him early we were talking about that, They are giving him **** over there on the transmission,.
I read that yesterday that they were giving him S*** about his torque converter being "lost" then not "lost".

I'm only 50 miles from his truck, wish there was something I could do to help.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you drivin a M35A3??? There is nothing slow about them.

and is that before or after the 53's were put on? i have taken a quick ride in one, and it was really nice. most of the comments i see about them on here is that they are slow compared to the m35a2.

KsM715

They who? The folks fixing the truck or the folks in the thread?
The shop he found to work on it. I'm pretty sure they know they have him over a barrel and there's not much he can do about it. (unless he picks up his truck and drives a good 50 miles away parks the truck and doubles back in the backup-vehicle to "take care of some business" before finishing the road trip back to FL.

KsM715

and is that before or after the 53's were put on? i have taken a quick ride in one, and it was really nice. most of the comments i see about them on here is that they are slow compared to the m35a2.

IIRC the top speed on a stock a3 is 52 (not that a stock a2 is much more)

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
again...just going by what i have read on here.

The trucks are slow as they have no overdrive but I enjoy mine. I like the look, a lot of guys on here do not.

first time driving an A3, loved every minute of it. I passed a truck on a hill!! loved the cat motor, 45 MPH a bit slow for my taste.

I just bought a M35A3 from South Carolina. I'm gonna fly out there and pick it up and drive it back to Vegas. Long journey, but life's too short to not drive slow and smell the roses

just to name a few... hey, the search function works!

olewhiskey

Steve is a personal friend of mine. Just got off the phone with him early we were talking about that, They are giving him **** over there on the transmission,.
Yep, no body ever bought a A2 with any problems they are perrrffffeccttt.
If I bought one I wouldn't be typing, they have a winning lottery ticket under the seat on every one the gummint sells !roflrofl

ODdave

Wow, Went from another "Use the search" thread straight to another "a2 VS a3" thread. Looks like EVERYONE has something that lights the fire.................. Just sayin............

OP, fwiw, My a2 on 395's will do 65-67mph. Wont hold it great on a grade but it will do it.

CobraCDR

It would be really interesting to see how many of the threads get into some form of an A2 vs. A3 debate! Maybe I should try the search funstion for that? fat lady sings

ODdave

It is far more irritating than interesting. OP just buy the first decent m- series truck you find. Its an addiction, more will follow you home.

kaziboku

Not jumping into this, But 101, if you know alot of new-b's, Could you kindly ask them to come of with something new and interesting to read about on here? I am not gonna lie, I feel it has been very boring reading on here lately. Thanks.
Hi! I'm a newbe!
Unfortunately, most times I think of something new and interesting - I do a search before posting and find out it is old and been covered eleventeen times.
For example:
I started up the truck and blew two blackbirds out the exhaust. I thought that was new - I was wrong...again.

I don't mind redundant reading. Just read real fast and it doesn't hurt.

ODdave

Hi! I'm a newbe!
Unfortunately, most times I think of something new and interesting - I do a search before posting and find out it is old and been covered eleventeen times.
For example:
I started up the truck and blew two blackbirds out the exhaust. I thought that was new - I was wrong...again.

I don't mind redundant reading. Just read real fast and it doesn't hurt.
now that story would have been ok. repetitive redundancy sucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks