• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

530B for Me

Ironhorse

Does it still pump?
Don't know, first I have to get it to run. It cranks, but doesn't fire. I know I have power to the distributor. I'm going to check the plugs when I get a deeper deep well socket.

The fuel tank is shot, three inch hole rusted in the top of it.

Monkeyboyarmy

Sorry for bidding against ya. I was hoping that it wasn't going to the local scrapper. I talked to John Anderson about where it was going and he said DE so I knew it had to be a collector. Good score. Lots of potential.[thumbzup] Did you notice the modified transfer case?

This was my load out of Sugar Grove.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Since it has a REB KIT, I would be interesting if it was taken apart, for a look see because it is not available anymore, maybe someone could see how simple it would be to do the parts and Reintroduce the kit. [thumbzup]

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations for saving a nice truck! It looks very complete and other than the faded paint also quite solid. What is the sheet metal like (ok, there is a dent in the back running board...) and the frame/undercarriage?

Fight fires in DETROIT

:funny:

Unfortunately, there is indeed a grain of truth in there; I hope it is ok to post a link (no intent to hijack thread):
Fireground audio: Detroit firefighters under attack at fatal fire with rescues try to get police to the scene. DPD says 13 minute response time is ‘acceptable’. | STATter911.com

JasonS

Since it has a REB KIT, I would be interesting if it was taken apart, for a look see because it is not available anymore, maybe someone could see how simple it would be to do the parts and Reintroduce the kit. [thumbzup]
Pics:

Attachments

Ironhorse

Congratulations for saving a nice truck! It looks very complete and other than the faded paint also quite solid. What is the sheet metal like (ok, there is a dent in the back running board...) and the frame/undercarriage?
Frame and undercarriage look good. Fuel tank is completely rotten, pulled it today. Most of the compartment doors are rusted through next to the hinge but repairable. The hose reel compartment floors will need replacing but one of the doors is laying in the bed. The foam tank is missing. Also, the left front fender is damaged, recently from the looks of it.

Ironhorse

This being my first gasser, anybody have Napa numbers for the points, condenser and rotor ? Are they the same as the ones for the M37's, m38a1's, M151's, etc. ?

waayfast

Nice save, and being an actual REO makes it even sweeter.

Seems like a couple of years ago when I went to buy points/condenser/dist cap/rotor the crew at the local NAPA store just gave me the "deer in the headlites" look.
I contacted Antelope Valley Equipment and truck parts (661-945-6788. They had these and lots more goodies for the gasser. Found them to be very reasonable on prices and quick to ship. Good folks.

Hope this helps, good luck!
Jim

Last edited:

Ironhorse

I didn't mean to imply it was done by the shippers. I knew the damage was already there from the auction pictures. I'm guessing it was done when the truck was moved from where it was parked previously.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks