• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

530B for Me

adrianspeeder

Don't ya hate it when ya gotta work on one truck to work on another truck? Oh well, first world steel soldiers problems...

Cleanin' out the fuel filter bowl with about a half pound of rust got the wrecker actually able to rev up. This was important because lifting a flat spare tire off of a fire truck would be hard otherwise.

Underneath the rotted wood crap the tank top appears to be in good condition. Also I found it ironic to then have parts of the fire truck on fire.

Finally, if you've ever had the unique problem of corrosive foam eating through yer gas tank, just rig up an ole boat tank unit.

Adrianspeeder

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:shock: OK, that is one ROTTED fuel tank! Can't believe that the rest of the truck looks so good. I wonder if the corrosion has something to do with gasoline (vs the diesel in the multis)?

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might be able to get fire hose for it from a fire dept. that's upgrading their old hose. That truck proably had 2 1/2" and 1 1/2" double jacketed cotton hose with brass coupling. May be hard to find with brass coupling because of scrap prices, but you might get lucky. Not sure how many feet they carried on those or the nozzles they used, but an old Rockwood Nozzle might be accurate, I know the Navy had them.

jasonjc

TM 5-4210-213-12 covers the newer 530B fire trucks, I'm not sure which one covers the older ones. For the fire pump you should beable to call the makers of the pump for a manual for it. Waterous sent me one for my 530C. Yours sure does look better than mine.

On a side note I got a call the other night from a man looking to sell a 530C. If any one is looking let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks