• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

55mph detonation post mortum. . .

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Final Pics, 55mph detonation post mortum

Well today, I spent most of the day getting the donor into the operating room and ready for the transplant. My friend Steve helped me move the donor Deuce into the shop. We used the pintle side of a medium towbar (1 leg) so we would have positive control of the truck, and used my 1009 as a tractor. Tomorrow the donor engine will come out and the blown up Deuce will receive it's "new" motor, and then the disassembly, autopsy, will begin.

Original thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/44121-55mph-detonation.html

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That thing is dusty!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah, it was sitting at jimbos* place for a few years, but the motor was test run a few weeks back, and it's good to go as far as a test run is concerned. But the motor is really nice if you brush off the dirt. . . ;-)

tm america

sounds like fun never got to work on a dusty deuce a muddy one but not dusty:roll:i like the head light brackets on your donor does it have a full mini light kit?do you want to sell it if so pm me

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
sounds like fun never got to work on a dusty deuce a muddy one but not dusty:roll:i like the head light brackets on your donor does it have a full mini light kit?do you want to sell it if so pm me

Truck was a 109A3, not sure about the mini/marker lights, but if you need more pics let me know, this truck will be stripped to the bones, as it has serious rust everywhere on the body.

tm america

oh ok. i'm still interseted in the front light brackets. and if you could see if he has the lights for the back and if he wants to get rid of them.how fast does things get done at your shop with the big screen and beaverages .do you make the friends work on the green stuff to get the a cold one:roll: if you add a cover charge they might feel more at home

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well, If I want people to work, and not watch TV, I put CNN on, if not it's Fox News. . . :razz:

Last edited:

tm america

to funny .if i want people to work i . . . . . . . ? i havent figured that out i think my friends are allergic to dirt and grease.i have a rule in my garage if you arent helping sit down and shut up.if not just leave.i cant figure out why my friends dont hang out when i'm working like they use to:roll:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That thing is dusty!
Doghead,
That's an great observation.
For you in beautiful (humid) central New York, Moss, mushrooms and puddles are commonplace. For FMJ in New Mexico, and me in west Texas, DUST is all we've got! There just ain't enough humidity out here to keep the dirt on the ground:roll:
A few weeks back, there were some deuces on GL at Holloman AFB (near FMJ's) that were VERY dusty... They ended up selling HIGH, 'cause those familiar with the area know that that much accumulation of dust can happen in just one afternoon if there's a good breeze blowing:!:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Got up early today, and here are some pics of the donor motor coming out, I'll have someone here to help me move the carcass out, and move my blown motor truck in, hopefully will be able to finish this today! :p

Unless the beer gets opened and I end up standing around looking at the truck planning my next move. . .

Attachments