• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

55mph detonation post mortum. . .

tm america

nice job looks like that engine has alot of new parts like the intake and turbo .i wonder if it was a non turbo engine that someone put a turbo on:roll:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
It's an 1988 engine, I took a picture of the data plate. Got a couple of questions, does the PTO have to come off?, or will it come out as it did in the non-winch truck? I've only swapped motors on non winch trucks. . .

Check out the smashed air lines. . .

few more pics

Attachments

tm america

i would think you could get it out with the pto on there just gonna need to twist it a little to the side and probable take the air cleaner off the fire wall.wow what happened to the air lines and driveshaft

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well, the connecting rod probably smashed the airlines and winch drive shaft. . . :-x

Lifting the motor now, more pics in a bit.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics!

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can wiggle it out and in with the PTO on it. Hardest part is always the juggle to get the pan past the front crossmember (unless you have the removable one). I always like looking at your pics Ed. Never know what you will see in the background. (Dually beds etc)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My SOP is to pull the winch. I can see where if you left it in place you would need to remove it! Coming along nicely Ed.

tx399999

When I pulled my transmission I was able to drop it onto a furniture dolly with the PTO on top and it slid right out from the passenger side between the fender and tire.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok, dead motor is clear, and a mess is on the shop floor. . .

Doesn't look like today will be the day. . . that winch is a PITA to get a motor out over it. . . especially by yourself :razz:

Attachments

tm america

it.s funny the crank doesnt even look hurt .looks like the rod always breaks off the pin side :roll:were there any signs of trouble or did it let go all at once