• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

59 gas Deuce air cleaner

Redpawn

I just picked up a pair of deuces over the weekend and one of them has a gas motor. To my supprise I got it running very easy but the air boot to the air cleaner was missing and some critters made a nest at the top half of the air cleaner. Is there any way to disassemble the air cleaner so I can get all the trash out of it? I took the bottom off the can and the last element out but the rest don't seem to come out. Heres the two trucks on the tailers.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up a pair of deuces over the weekend and one of them has a gas motor. To my supprise I got it running very easy but the air boot to the air cleaner was missing and some critters made a nest at the top half of the air cleaner. Is there any way to disassemble the air cleaner so I can get all the trash out of it? I took the bottom off the can and the last element out but the rest don't seem to come out. Heres the two trucks on the tailers.

Both Memphis equip and Antelope Valley truck parts have the complete gasser assemblies relatively cheap.

xm708

nice load

I have to ask what do you have that combo registered for weight wise ? Between the truck trailer and load you must have been over 30,000 ?

ed

Redpawn

Here's another question for you. The cab on the gas truck is pretty much toast so is the cab from a newer diesel truck the same as the gas truck? I think I'm going to take the box off the back and put a regular bed on it and a nicer cab would be a plus.

123mack

The cabs should be the same, except for the starter button in the floor of the gasser. When you scrap the old cab, cut out the driver floor pan and use it for a template to cut holes in the new one. It's worked for me in the past.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cabs should be the same, except for the starter button in the floor of the gasser. When you scrap the old cab, cut out the driver floor pan and use it for a template to cut holes in the new one. It's worked for me in the past.
It will depend on how right you want it. Depending on the year there's quite a few smaller differences. Do a search for gasser differences. Barman had a good thread.