• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th Annual Steel Soldiers Florida Rally Official Thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Provided all the pieces and parts are there, it will be hot! Floridianson donated a surplus portable shower unit a few years back. We are just getting all the ducks in a row to get them up and running. They require 3 phase power so we are setting it up with a little 3KW genset to run them. We were discussing that the showers will probably run 2 hours a day since it's quite a chore to get everything running!

phil2968

I won't be able to make it back to help. My MIL (Mother in law) went to the hospital and the wife is going to see her this morning. I have to watch the boys. I may ride up later.

Green_gator

Wish I could be there guys but spent all of yesterday in some mandatory training for the Boy Scouts and today is a work day to get the MKT sorted out for the rally. Trying to inventory what I have, need, and have extra to trade amongst the other MKT owners.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Walter,
Let me know of anything other than the inverter that I should try to bring. Hopefully Ferro will have been here to help me sort out canvas parts before then and I'll have a better idea of what is available.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Provided all the pieces and parts are there, it will be hot! Floridianson donated a surplus portable shower unit a few years back. We are just getting all the ducks in a row to get them up and running. They require 3 phase power so we are setting it up with a little 3KW genset to run them. We were discussing that the showers will probably run 2 hours a day since it's quite a chore to get everything running!
Guess Im going to have to come down just to try out the showers A Kenny.
Good to see you post Mike and look froward to seeing you again.
I don't know if I can bring my new plastic girl friend with me this trip as she has been good to me not like the last cheating dirty ore. Well after 300 rounds she learned her lession.

Last edited:

devilman96

Well... After two days of busting arse in the woods we have a pretty good makings of a "bath haus" as them Pinz lovers are calling it. (em guys worry me)

Gonna need one more weekend of doing and hammering and beating to get it completed but thus far we have a pretty nice set up. We opted for 2 heads with a lot of room vs cramming in 3. All of the equipment stores inside nicely and with the boiler unit in the building with 2" thick walls I think it will anything BUT cold. Need to get the sheet metal on the roof and plumb in the storage tank with some water for a test fire but I believe that the whole thing will go off with out any hitches...

Thank you to everyone that showed up and humped it all weekend... this was NOT an easy task especially in this location!!!!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does it really need a roof? Will each stall require a shower curtain? I might have 2 shelter halves left that will suffice, I use one on my outside shower. How about adding an outside showehead?

devilman96

Yeah the roof will keep this thing dried out for years to come... more importantly... rain collection!

Outside showers would just require plug and play on the extending the ends out of the building, all of the hoses are there for it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm at 98% sure. Have to finger lodging since boys will be along. Will also bring cart to keep them busy.

Pinz25086

I will try and make it out there again. It will be the same as this weekend, as the home chores get done, I will head out. Hopefully earlier than last week! I found a guy for cooking wood between my house and the rally. I will stop and see how much he is asking for a load.

Wayne

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wayne,
I think most of the cooking will be done on propane or kerosene, since Walter is bringing his MKT for us to cook on. Mike built a burner setup for the griddle I left last year, so it will be able to cook a lot faster this year. With three ovens (two in the MKT and a probable spare to be left at the campsite), we should be able to bake fresh (from cans) biscuits for breakfast, and roast the prime rib for supper.

Pinz25086

That sounds great Mike! I look forward to the great food again this year. You and Walter do an outstanding job. I will be there on Thursday for sure.

devilman96

Hey Wayne,

We are still going to want wood for our resident pyro service :-D, its much easier... Check on a price for a cord please and I will give you the $ if ya dont mind doing the transporting...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't waste money on wood, I have lots of tires I need to dispose of. Pallets are good too!

devilman96

Luckily by Sunday a lot of that water had drained off 5 or so inches already... Roads out to the site were dry again. Lets hope it stays like that for the next few weeks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks