• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th Annual Steel Soldiers Florida Rally Official Thread

MIKES 5 TON

couple of questions for the ones who have been , i am thinking of taking my son i go to lots of offroad events but havnt taken him because most are not family friendly but he has been my helper on this truck so i tought of bringing him he is 3 whats your thoughts, also i am going to have by dad follow me there in my dually in case something happens never taken the truck this far , its 4x4 will he be able to get to the camp areas thanks for the help

poppop

You will find this a very family oriented affair. There may be some colorful words now and then but not offten or really bad. Mike keeps it on tract very well. There will be other kids there. Recovery4x4 will have his there and he is as good a Dad as you will find. He also helps keep everyhting on track. Your Dad will have no problems getting his truck in. My advice is go and have a great time.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
From what I have seen, most if not ALL SS rallys are VERY family FRIENDLY, VERY self policeing. In fact these are the first rallys that I have seen of this size and type that there IS NOT a few jerks making trouble, at the 10, GA. rally, some outsiders started to be a problem, it was handled very quick and quit.
SO BRING YOUR SON

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mikes 5 ton, I'll be going in the same thing I used last year - a Toyota Corolla! True, it got real close to the ground in a couple of spots, and I did not take it back to the camping area (water was over a foot deep along that trail last year), but did get rides in and back out! There were more than half a dozen small children there last year - in addition to Kenny's two, I remember Phil and Vinny's kids, plus several other folks that CRS has robbed my brain for names.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think your 3 yr old will have fun. I'll have my 9 yr old and 4 yr old in tow. The 9 yr old has been there since the first rally and the 4 yr old will be attending his 3rd rally. Yeah, it's friendly for the little ones.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,
Make sure your air tanks are topped off and your quick release is working on the weight belt. You won't be able to see your hands even when they touch your mask!:smile:

devilman96

Everything goes better with boobies :lol:

Ok so here is the plan for this weekend...

I am heading up tomorrow evening so if you wanna camp out, your welcome...

Kenny, Wayne V and his son (Mr. I can t believe I was pulled out by a blazer) Adon, Wayne R and Phil are coming out Saturday morning'ish....

Wayne R will almost certainly camp... Were discussing his moving into the bath haus as he is threatening to install a mail box.

Kenny has to head home Sat eve for his sons birthday Sunday...

Wayne and Adon... Im not sure...

Phil will be heading home and might make it back Sun pending his kids...

Not sure if I am missing someone in the mix?

Plan is to install the roofing sheet metal which should be a pretty quick job... Add some lighting that Wayne V is donating and tie in the rest of the plumbing for a test run of the shower... No where NEAR the work we did last weekend but Murphy is always lurking.

Weather says clear and 71 high 45 low... woohoo...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Come on guys. Show a little respect for those members who may have a handicapped child/relative/spouse/etc or they themselves are handicapped. I am not going to add retard to the word censor because that would seriously effect engine discussions (i.e. your timing is too retarded.) Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back to business at hand. I won't be able to make the work day tomorrow. Just getting in and found that the heater core on my truck is leaking. Just too far to drive up and back in one day with the M1008. The supplies I was transporting will be delivered at a later date.

So far everything is shaping up to be a good rally, er, treffen! LOL. Looking forward to some quality range time and maybe even try some sporting clays. Bringing extra recovery gear and lighting just in case we have a recovery on one of the night rides.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the "Bath Haus" project is a success. It even has curtains and lights. Water pressure is outstanding I'm told. Trying to convince Mike that we need an outside shower bay too for the de-mudding of personnel and clothing! This thing is all self contained with a 1600 gallon tank, mil shower setup and a 3KW 3ph genset to run everything including lighting.

phil2968

Some pics for your enjoyment!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks