• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 injector lines on 87 m1028

87cucvva

Hey guys, I just purchased a m1028 that had rusty injector lines. Well the guy gave me a set with it, so I got it pulled down and guess what. They lines he gave me are from a late 6.5 and have the wrong size ferrule nut at the injection pump. Where can you get the correct injector lines for the cucv 6.2s? Any help is appreciated as I need to find something soon

87cucvva

I saw these but they are made for the "short" injector, ours in the cucv are long. Wondering how well they actually fit and whether the hold downs still work

cucvrus

You say rusty. As in rusted thru that they are leaking? Or just rusty looking? That metal line is very thick tubing. I have never seen one rusted thru. And any 6.2 civilian from a salvage yard would have the same lines.

87cucvva

The lines are very flaky and rough on the injector ends, they did not leak but wanted to change them before they got that bad. I am trying to locate a used replacement set, but I guess the 6.2 stuff is not as common in my area anymore

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
6.2L items are indeed getting harder to find. Remember they are 30+ years old (the newest 20+) and not as many of them where made as there where 350s.

Last edited:

llong66

The diff is in the inj pump end, the DB2s had a diff size end than the DB4s. I know I have seen someplace they make "adapters" for them, but if I am remembering right they must be made of platinum! ($200+ a set. May be our only choice one day.