• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2l engine oil dipstick

strelnik

Howdy to all,

I looked in the forum and saw no threads on thgis, so here goes.

My one van a 93 Chvy USAF G-30 flight line van seems to have a problem with the dipstick.

I had the oil changed by a very relaible mechanic when he did other work while in my absence.

I pulled the dipstick out for its weekly oil check and it was amazingly twisted!

I don't know who did this, but it seems easier to put in when it's straight and flat, am I wrong on this?

Also, where to get another?

All advice and help gratefully accepoted.

S

Drock

Are you sure it's "Twisted"? As I remember those van dipsticks are crazy long, fiddly, and I think they did have a twist to them. Can you post a pic?

Last edited:

strelnik

When I got the van, it was straight and flat. EWhen I bought the second one, it was straight and flat. Now only mone is straight and flat.

I would like to hear from MW Mule, whom I don't know, if he knows something. Thanks!

I have a 2002 Chevy Express 3500 with the 6.5 diesel and on mine it had a stock length dip stick tube with an extension welded from the factory. I had a problem getting the dipstick out and I pulled straight out and separated tube from the extension. Maybe your mechanic twisted it if it got stuck, check your tube for kinks.