• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2l engine oil dipstick

strelnik

Howdy to all,

I looked in the forum and saw no threads on thgis, so here goes.

My one van a 93 Chvy USAF G-30 flight line van seems to have a problem with the dipstick.

I had the oil changed by a very relaible mechanic when he did other work while in my absence.

I pulled the dipstick out for its weekly oil check and it was amazingly twisted!

I don't know who did this, but it seems easier to put in when it's straight and flat, am I wrong on this?

Also, where to get another?

All advice and help gratefully accepoted.

S

Drock

Are you sure it's "Twisted"? As I remember those van dipsticks are crazy long, fiddly, and I think they did have a twist to them. Can you post a pic?

Last edited:

strelnik

When I got the van, it was straight and flat. EWhen I bought the second one, it was straight and flat. Now only mone is straight and flat.

I would like to hear from MW Mule, whom I don't know, if he knows something. Thanks!

I have a 2002 Chevy Express 3500 with the 6.5 diesel and on mine it had a stock length dip stick tube with an extension welded from the factory. I had a problem getting the dipstick out and I pulled straight out and separated tube from the extension. Maybe your mechanic twisted it if it got stuck, check your tube for kinks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks