• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5l TD engine valley clean up q

rcamacho

I need to clean up the valley to remove an accumulation of sand and clear the drain. Also need to validate the IP and feed hoses are no longer leaking (hoses and IP lines were loose).

Q:
Access is really limited even with the intake tube removed. What’s the best way to gain access?
Contemplating removing the turbo to gain access from the passenger compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OBX

rcamacho

I was able to get a vacuum hose nozzle into the valley and clean out a few lbs of diesel laden sand. Much more cleaning is needed but it’s a start.

Last edited:

rcamacho

Still can’t quite get a view of the drain from the top of the engine with the turbo in place. If anyone has a good link to a picture of the valley side of the drain that would be appreciated

Last edited:

rcamacho

Good news confirmed no leaks from the IP after some extended driving. Looks like I have leaks from the RT return lines which I have not yet serviced.

Additionally #3 injector appears to be leaking from the main body. I’ll validate that and rebuild or replace.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks