• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6 bolt to 10 Bolt wheel adapters

Kohburn

I think $1500 is too much. You can get a set of 6 HEMTT adapter plates for less than $700. I would pay up to $1000 for the added versatility, but not $1500.
I don't expect it to be everyones cup-o-tea, but expecting it to be as cheap as HEMTT adapters. Keep in mind that with those you still have to machine out the centers of the wheels at additional cost. These is a bit more to these than HEMTT adapters plates that are 3/8-1/2" thick. these are 1.25" thick involve 60% more lugnuts and studs.

Besides, HEMTT wheels don't get my 22.5" tires as an option so that is out. This isn't a business venture for me so if I'm the only one that gets them i'm still happy, but most likely it will be cheaper if atleast 5 other people go in on it.

tvoss

Wow, does it really have to be 1.25" thick? That is alot. I don't expect it to be the same price as the other adapters. I'm fine paying 50% more, just would really have to think about it at 100% more. I really want the 22.5" wheel option as well.

Kohburn

yeah, the shoulder on the wheel studs is 1" long and has to be counter sunk in order for the adaptor to sit flush against the hub.

there is a lot of meat to them so they can be aluminum without worry.

Last edited:

Kohburn

yeah, I'm actually looking forward to the added width, especially when going to wider wheels.

there are many budd type wheel studs available, most that I have seen have longer shoulders than the stock deuce studs. That also requires buying a full new set rather than being able to reuse the the ones on your truck.

Last edited:

Kohburn

pricing per wheel for a set of 6 is down to $145+ shipping without the need to preorder a large quantity.

I'm going to talk to the machine shop to finalize plans and have the 1st set made. If it works as planned without th need for any tweeks then I'll probably just work it out so that anybody who wants a set can order directly from the machine shop.

Kohburn

just as a check to prevent any stupid mistakes. can I get someone to confirm the bolt pattern dimensions for both the 6 and 10 lug setups?

just need a little QC before I spend money

dmetalmiki

6 to 10 stud

(you heard of one size fits all.. well here is some pics of my deuce with 4! wider stance all round 1200x20s (hi-stance militant wheels and tires) and no prob going back to orriginal 6 stud. been on close to 10 years now no probs towing, off road, pavement, all good. and 60 mph at 2220 rpms. 15 mpg. at 2000 rpm. as a ps the modification was quite cheap as I machined drilled and countersank the holes as well. all the bolts were (are) 7/8 BSF tapered (nuts) and bolts. the whole project cost about £50.

Attachments

jesusgatos

Cool. Please post some more pics and info so we can see how you did it. Looks like you just bolted some sort of an adapter to the wheel? But I thought the opening in a 10-hole wheel wasn't large enough to fit the 6-lug pattern inside of without boring it out?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks