• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

60 amp Generator/ Charging Question

AAVP7

No, the plunger can be exchanged with the IP in place (just did this). Access is a bit tight, but it is doable.

You´ll need to modify a box wrench by grinding it down to a certain thickness (0.28 " or about 7 mm). This is shown in TM 9-2320-280-34 , Section II, Figure C-18 (about page 1239 in my copy of the TM).

You´ll also have to take off the intake manifold, plus the stuff on the RH side of the IP, but the IP itself can stay in place.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I believe that the plunger is the leaking spot. Does that mean new pump?

Dose that mean a new a new pump ??? "Wasn't my idea to use the stimulus check that way. Good chance it's seen better days" OLD JOE.

IMO... yep got one, LOL....... For all that trouble, pull the pump and lines and have it rebuilt. Using a reliable rebuilder ?? one could ?? eliminate further IP issues. Not saying can't be done and I have done crazier, but at this point remove, rebuild and relax till the next problem.

While waiting for the return, one could clean up other loose ends... ie return lines, delivery lines, throttle components, air intake, fuel filter, thermostat, etc.

I get it that one wants rig "up and running" and the "time and money" thing. The IP pump sure can be the money pit to getting back on the road. There's a lot of precision, calibration and other wear items inside.

Either way... ones going to get a little dirty.

More money, soap and water, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks