• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4 for my M1028???

cliffyp

What is the tv bracket?
Throttle Valve cable bracket. You can still easily get the TV cable, but the bracket is very hard to find. The 700r4 is not electronically controlled, not is it vacuum controlled. The TV cable affects line pressure and shift points. It is very important to set it up correctly because an improper set up can burn up a 700r4 in a matter of minutes. There is a ton online about proper TV cable adjustment.

Terracoma

The person selling it replied to my email and advised me that he has the tv bracket but broke a plastic piece on it???
There's no plastic on my bracket or the attached rod... Perhaps the seller broke the end/clip on the TV cable, rather than the bracket?

I'll let other 700R4 veterans confirm.

cliffyp

There is a little plastic bushing where the rod slides through the bracket, nothing else. I would image that he is referring to plastic clip on the end of the TV cable too.

Captain Caveman

Throttle Valve cable bracket. You can still easily get the TV cable, but the bracket is very hard to find. The 700r4 is not electronically controlled, not is it vacuum controlled. The TV cable affects line pressure and shift points. It is very important to set it up correctly because an improper set up can burn up a 700r4 in a matter of minutes. There is a ton online about proper TV cable adjustment.
The only real drawback to the 700. As long as you use common sense and don't abuse it by overheating it, you'll be fine. It's a rock solid tranny.