• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8 Bolt Rims

cobra

Re: RE: 8 Bolt Rims

CCATLETT1984 said:
they are the standard rims off of a chevy 1 ton.

If you want to go larger than just go to a good tire shop and get a set of steel rims
Standard 8 bolt rims of a chevy 1 ton, does it matter what year? Are they all 16.5?

CCATLETT1984

RE: Re: RE: 8 Bolt Rims

the ones on my truck are 16", thats should be the case alll the way from 77-87 at least. (correct me if I'm wrong guys)
you should just be able to go to a junk yard and get a set of 16" 8-lug rims (ask for the old style chevy/ford, if they get confused) the new chevy's still use the same pattern, but use metric studs and the new fords use a different pattern.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: 8 Bolt Rims

CCATLETT1984 said:
the ones on my truck are 16", thats should be the case alll the way from 77-87 at least. (correct me if I'm wrong guys)
you should just be able to go to a junk yard and get a set of 16" 8-lug rims (ask for the old style chevy/ford, if they get confused) the new chevy's still use the same pattern, but use metric studs and the new fords use a different pattern.
Actually, 16.5's were standard until 1981, with 16" as optional equipment I believe. From 82-87, all 3/4-ton (not the light 3/4-tons with 6-lug wheels, but the regular 3/4-tons) and 1-ton trucks/vans/Suburbans should definitely have the right wheels. I ran Ford wheels on my chevy at one time, but the center hole is a little larger.

cobra

Re: RE: Re: RE: 8 Bolt Rims

CUCVFAN said:
Actually, 16.5's were standard until 1981, with 16" as optional equipment I believe. From 82-87, all 3/4-ton (not the light 3/4-tons with 6-lug wheels, but the regular 3/4-tons) and 1-ton trucks/vans/Suburbans should definitely have the right wheels. I ran Ford wheels on my chevy at one time, but the center hole is a little larger.
Yea my two back wheels on my m1010 are fords, but as they are rusting, geuss its time for new ones.

CCATLETT1984

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 8 Bolt Rims

thanks, I wasn't sure about the older ones.

the fords are not hub-centric like the chevy rims are. the chevy ones are nice cuase you just get em on the hub and spin until the holes line up.

BKinzey

On a side note you should probably refer to them as 8 LUG rims to avoid confusion with HUMMVEE rims. They are becoming popular as replacement rims and are 16.5" 8 lug split rims with 8 or 12 bolts. :wink:

CCATLETT1984

For the cucv rims, if you want to drive to Saint Clair Shores michigan, then you can have a set of four for $100 (US). I have one set off of the truck and another that will be coming off of the truck within a few weeks (as soon as my lift is put on.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks