• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8 Bolt Rims

cobra

Re: RE: 8 Bolt Rims

CCATLETT1984 said:
they are the standard rims off of a chevy 1 ton.

If you want to go larger than just go to a good tire shop and get a set of steel rims
Standard 8 bolt rims of a chevy 1 ton, does it matter what year? Are they all 16.5?

CCATLETT1984

RE: Re: RE: 8 Bolt Rims

the ones on my truck are 16", thats should be the case alll the way from 77-87 at least. (correct me if I'm wrong guys)
you should just be able to go to a junk yard and get a set of 16" 8-lug rims (ask for the old style chevy/ford, if they get confused) the new chevy's still use the same pattern, but use metric studs and the new fords use a different pattern.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: 8 Bolt Rims

CCATLETT1984 said:
the ones on my truck are 16", thats should be the case alll the way from 77-87 at least. (correct me if I'm wrong guys)
you should just be able to go to a junk yard and get a set of 16" 8-lug rims (ask for the old style chevy/ford, if they get confused) the new chevy's still use the same pattern, but use metric studs and the new fords use a different pattern.
Actually, 16.5's were standard until 1981, with 16" as optional equipment I believe. From 82-87, all 3/4-ton (not the light 3/4-tons with 6-lug wheels, but the regular 3/4-tons) and 1-ton trucks/vans/Suburbans should definitely have the right wheels. I ran Ford wheels on my chevy at one time, but the center hole is a little larger.

cobra

Re: RE: Re: RE: 8 Bolt Rims

CUCVFAN said:
Actually, 16.5's were standard until 1981, with 16" as optional equipment I believe. From 82-87, all 3/4-ton (not the light 3/4-tons with 6-lug wheels, but the regular 3/4-tons) and 1-ton trucks/vans/Suburbans should definitely have the right wheels. I ran Ford wheels on my chevy at one time, but the center hole is a little larger.
Yea my two back wheels on my m1010 are fords, but as they are rusting, geuss its time for new ones.

CCATLETT1984

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 8 Bolt Rims

thanks, I wasn't sure about the older ones.

the fords are not hub-centric like the chevy rims are. the chevy ones are nice cuase you just get em on the hub and spin until the holes line up.

BKinzey

On a side note you should probably refer to them as 8 LUG rims to avoid confusion with HUMMVEE rims. They are becoming popular as replacement rims and are 16.5" 8 lug split rims with 8 or 12 bolts. :wink:

CCATLETT1984

For the cucv rims, if you want to drive to Saint Clair Shores michigan, then you can have a set of four for $100 (US). I have one set off of the truck and another that will be coming off of the truck within a few weeks (as soon as my lift is put on.)