• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

813 body hoist installation

leecarr

We are getting started on a hoist installation on our 813 (The Master Blaster). We decided to use the original cargo body because of the different types of material to be hauled.
Using the rear pto output to power the pump, don't have controls or linkage for rear pto output or hyd. valve so we (we meaning mostly my son) are making it. We wanted plenty of lift capacity and height so we went with a front mounted telescopic piston set up, piston and hinge have 45 ton capacity. We removed the passenger side tool box and placed the hyd. tank and a step on the existing brackets. More pics. as we go along.

Attachments

leecarr

Do you still have the 813 chassis with the heater ducts in it or did you scrap it, I have to get back up there but things have been crazy.

Vintage iron

Yeah, :( I scrapped it! Not much was left thought. I think I put that divertor somewhere? Parting out my M813 now. I really like the pintle plate you did! I may put a dump hoist on my M923 and will do something similar. If you need any parts come get them soon. I will be moving to another location soon.

supermechanic

In the original dump set-up , used on the m-51 and the m-817, the sub-frame accepted all of the stress associated with lifting the body.
Commercial trucks using telescopic hoists employ a double frame to help resist bending loads at the hoist location.
Our trucks only have a single frame.
Is this a problem? Only time will tell.
Frame cracking at the hoist tower base is a problem on well used dump trucks. Food for thought.

Edit- It is difficult to see detail in the second photo, but you may have welded across the flange of the frame rail. That is not allowed, as it will form a stress point and the frame will crack.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks