• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

813 tranny air valve

shootiniron

I've got an 813A1 and the valve on top of the tranny is bypassing air.There are two valves and a port so to speak between them,its at the port that air is escaping.Is there a kit I can buy?Any advise is appreciated.Thanks!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
DAVE, what does eastern get for these kits, does it have all the O-rings including the O-rings for the connection between the two valves, do these kits cover both valves in one rebuild kit

shootiniron

$100 for the kit from Eastern,or so the website says.As to how complete the kit is ,no clue but it does look small,not alot of stuff in it.I thought someone here was selling the x-fer case air valve kits or the tranny kits,cant remember.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my valves work good, no leak from them, the leak is at the conection BETWEEN the two valves, just havent pulled them off and changed the O-rings, that is on my after rally to-do list. I would guess there is not much to the kits, mostly O-rings,

Last edited:

lsansone

from my experience, the air comming out of that port between the 2 valves is comming from the valves themselves. the center port is simply the exhaust port for either valve once it switches. at least that was the problem on my m817
best wishes

lou

M215

I purchased my rebuild kit from Memphis Equipment, thought the kit was less than $100. The two large copper rings in the kit were a little small, ended up using the old ones instead.
Hope this is helpful

shootiniron

Thanks for the tips.I'll prolly dissassemble the whole thing and thoroughly clean and re-install and hope for the best till I get another valve assy.

wbv

This might be a little unethical but... I have the same problem on my M818 especially when the weather is cooler.

My solution (and it has worked so far) is to hold my finger over the exhaust until the pressure builds enough to close the valve.

I think I'll look for a way to lubricate this assembly before I buy a kit to rebuild.

wbv

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clark has the new valve for about $200. The ones I have taken apart, the rubber end that the plunger hits, were ate up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks