• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 m1009 build Mississippi Style

jgordon1307

yeah, i was too busy takin the pics of my daughter and neighbor doing all the work, but i have to admit, they have a great leader/supervisor of restoration operations, i will be sure to post some more pics including myself actually doing a little work

GPrez

I love all the custom touch's. The shell casing with bullet for the lock grab is great. Hope you don't mind me stealing that idea. I need one for my M1028.

Skinny

Very cool rig! Your steering wheel makes me puke though...

Does anyone get trouble by local police for having a military painted rig with lettering that states "Military Police" or similar placards? Seems like local cops would hate that.

K9Vic

Very cool rig! Your steering wheel makes me puke though...

Does anyone get trouble by local police for having a military painted rig with lettering that states "Military Police" or similar placards? Seems like local cops would hate that.
I will admit I like a leather wrapped wheel and the larger radius, but on a CUCV I will agree it is out of place.

I was also wondering about the "POLICE" as some states have laws that state that word cannot be on a vehicle if not a used by a police agency. I tried to look at Texas laws, but I did not see anything about it directly as it would look good on my Suburban CUCV clone. Of course I would comply with all state laws and only do it if it was legal and I am pretty sure it is not here in Texas.

ajsmith184

Looks good, we have similar tastes....Very similar..Couple questions though

What paint did you use? At least in the pics, looks awful **** close to my SW 383 CARC

How did you do the door lock/bullet thing? I think i remember seeing these for sale awhile go, have to google it.

I agree, the steering wheel does look out of place....I went with an early 90s Chevrolet Truck wheel myself...Seems to blend in a bit more, got it for $10 at the salvage yard

jgordon1307

thanks folks, i would like to find an earlier model steering wheel, i found this one at pull-yourself-apart salvage yard for cheeeeeaapp, yall find me a better one and i will change it, door locks are simple, unscrew old ones, discharge 2 7mm rounds, cut off ends, and skeet some jb weld in her and get er done

jgordon1307

i see local law enforcement on a daily basis and i think they have bigger fish to fry than to pull me over and ask for a quick ride along

richingalveston

I think when you have military stuff, there is no law against it unless you were trying to drive onto a military base. there is a law that restricts you from impersonating a police officer so thats what would probably get you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks