• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

paradeduty

Nice goin', Derrick! Glad she is coming along. I think you are making better progress than I am lately! Are you planning on bringing one of the 900's to Warren in July? Are you taking anything to a Memorial Day Parade/Event this weekend? Taking the M1074 in to Chelsea on Monday for the Parade and Ceremonies. Really good looking trucks.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
double post

Derrick, How much of a difference did putting in the air ride seat make?
Can you pm me that guys contact info. I tried to buy some seats from GL this week but they sold for over $1300.

paradeduty

Hey Derrick!

Good news on the SF97 and good to hear that you are going to try to make it to the Warren Show in July. The Herculiner looks good. Is this the brush/roll-on stuff? Where did you end up getting it? I know that there is some spray-on stuff, but it isn't as tough as I would like it (more rubbery). Lookin Good!

Dave

paradeduty

Good to know, Derrick. Didn't think about checking out Tractor Supply for the stuff. Does it seem to be somewhat as tough as "Rhinoliner" when it dries? I checked with a shop that does the rhinoliner and they get around $8.00 per square foot to prep and apply the "real stuff". The only way I could figure to do one of the truck cabs is to take out the driver's seat after I get there and reinstall it after the curing time has passed. Not sure it is worth the logistics just for the cab floor. Was considering the "real stuff" for the floor of the M985 Cargo Bed. I have the "real stuff" on the entire inside of my F350 box and it really has held up amazingly well. I have slid and ground some heavy steel into/onto the coating and it has taken it without a problem. Just considering if it is worth it for the cab and its limited exposure to very harsh abuse. Thanks Derrick. Hey - you planning on coming out to the Chelsea Meet and Greet this Monday? The "Lansing Area SSers" are having their monthly (first monday of each month) dinner/get together at the Jimmy John's in Chelsea this Monday at about 7:00 pm. Bring that wrecker down! Let me know so we can save you about 4 parking spots for it!!! Dave.

paradeduty

That's very, very sweet lookin there Derrick! (If you missed it.....Drewel, Drewel). That truck is going to be awesome with the tan paint and seats and black floor. There is that guy out in California who rebuilds/sells a lot of trucks on e-bay. I always did like the black grill/black floors/etc. even with the o.d. green paint schemes that he usually uses. Better be careful - they are going to want that truck back !!!! Hope you can make it on Monday - be cool to see you again. Fired up the M985 today just to keep the fuel primed and she did just fine. They got the new fuel pump and other stuff to replace it in now, they are just waiting for a convenient time to run out here for a service call - no big rush. Was thinking of trying out the "brush on" stuff like you did on the PLS for the same reason as your tractor - really no other areas on the PLS that could benefit much from real rhino liner. I want to stay way far away from the floor mats - don't want to invite more condensation/rust than is absolutely necessary. Truck looks really good. Dave.

paradeduty

The meet and greet is Monday at 7:00pm at Jimmy John's in the strip mall on the east side of M-52 (north of I-94) just south of Old US-12 (Jackson Rd.). I believe that the entrance to the portion of the lot intended for the Jimmy John's section of the strip mall is oposite of the Bowling Alley. But all of the entrances for the parking lots for the strip mall buildings (except the bank up next to M-52) are to a basically a common parking lot, so as long as you enter there somewhere, you can get to Jimmy John's area. Technically, its address is 1149 South Main Street, Chelsea, MI. Hope you can make it. Dave.

paradeduty

Lookin' Good, Derrick!

Yup - we kind of missed you there - you could have come without the truck.....we would have only razzed you a little bit (just kidding - stuff takes time and you are doing it right!). That's a great way to swap out tops! Just make sure to have it done for TACOM and the other local shows. Dave.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks awesome! I just got a set of those seats I'm going to put in the M915. they are stained all to heck.

Might I ask why the exhaust stack is a tad low?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks