• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9"-8" lift with pic

bsalbrig

My tires came in today, here is a picture of how my truck sits.

The tires are 39X16.5X16 Pitbull Rockers on 16X10 ProComp wheels.

In the front: 8" superlift springs with a 1"zerorate, ORD crossover steering, all greasable joints, steering brace, braided stainless brake lines.

In the rear: 4" superlift springs with the wedge reversed, 4" ORD shackle filp, 5" DIY Shackles, DIY ubolt flip, all greasable joints, braided stainless brake lines.

The factory rear driveshaft fits with 1/8" extension over factory because the shackle flip moves the rear axle forward. I need to get a new front driveshaft that has a 42deg CV to complete the lift.

Last edited:

tymbom

Those are the exact wheels and tires I was planning on running on my M1008. Could you post more pics please?? That looks really good.

bsalbrig

Here are the only other good one that I have:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc258/bsalbrig/Truck/spence20truck20gavin1.jpg

the front might need some trimming or I might need to do one of the 1" body lifts

I work 3hrs away from home so when the tires came in today my brother was lucky enough to get them put on the truck and drive it around the yard. I hope to get back this weekend to take better pics but there is no guarantee I will be able to make it back home.

The sad thing is I will soon be taking a job that is further from home. (NC has no decent job market)

If you decide to get those tires check out 4x4groupbuy.com, it is a small family run business they are great people extremly helpful with good prices.
The tires came pad balanced already from what I hear. I was going to airsoft balance them but decided I will do nothing and see if the pad balance is good enough.

Last edited:

bsalbrig

I havent really gotten to truly test them yet but my initial impressions of them are good.
They are not too loud on the highway, they do clog a little in thick mud (need turbo kit to add power to clean treads). I took them to the trails but they were dried so hard so I could do prettymuch anything there in 2wd I didnt even air them down. I look forward to the next time the trails are soft to test them out.

AJMBLAZER

The front axle on these trucks is actually about 1.25" towards the rear of the wheel well in the stock position. Not so big of a problem until you compress the front suspension and the tires go further towards the rear of that wheel well opening and into the fenders. Guys like to move them forward so that this problem goes away. It's on my to do list as even with my cutting and 1" of lift my tires can JUST touch the liners in the rear if I flex it good.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks