• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A/C Help needed

Pstyckiewicz

I have an M1152A1 with the 2 wire compressor. I noticed that the A/C is not working. The fan runs fine but no cold air. I looked at the clutch on the pulley and it’s not engaging. I attempted to test the voltage to the compressor but I didn’t yield any result. Also let it be know I have no idea what I’m doing testing wires or how my tester even works. Mechanical inclined but wiring I’m lost. Not sure if the A/C/heat switch is working either. I haven’t ran the truck long enough to tell if the air is getting warm. I opened up the gauge cluster and everything appears to be connected behind there. Any advice where to start would be greatly appreciated!

A/C model RCSK1756-7

Reactions: OBX

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend taking it to someone that does AC work. It's not hard to work on but you should really know what you are doing as the refrigerant is particularly bad for you.
and you really need a bunch of specialized (expensive) equipment, like GOOD gauges, vacuum pump, leak detector. and you really need a way of recovering refrigerant unless you like pissing off the greenies. Actually, the basics can be "borrowed" with a large deposit from AutoZone. But it is so easy to have insufficient pag oil, or over-charge. Besides, the cheapest you can get R134 is about $10/can and mine took just under four cans so you don't want to waste the gold!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks