• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A CUCV with carpet? Blasphemy? You be the judge

Flyingvan911

Nice job. An MV's roll changes when it goes from the military to civilian world. Unless you are restoring it to exact military condition, some creature comforts are expected.

91W350

That's a M1009? With stereo? You had one of the best sound systems on the market and you applied a muffler and competition?

Just kidding, it looks great. I am not much of a purist, I say buy them and enjoy them....looks like you are. Glen

rhinob

Very comfy looking. I even like the seat covers. I personally have the Ron "Burgundy" shagadelic edition carpeting. Would love to find a nice (and I do mean high quality) rubber matting for the entire interior to replace it. Suggestions?

Napoleon_Tanerite

LMC sells rubber matts for the front and rear, though I'm not sure how thick they are. I was lucky, mine came with a 1/4" mat in the back that has proved pretty indestructible and i've slung concrete blocks, lumber and jagged metal at it with no problem

Hasdrubal

On my M1009 after I sandblasted all the rust, I rhino lined it. Then I used some type of marine carpeting my friend had. Its 3/8 inch thick neoprene material so it doesn't rot and stink if it gets wet. Has an adhesive coating on the bottom and a soft terry cloth like material on the top. Had to cut many pieces to fit the interior, but the end result is fantastic, if you dont mind a few visible seams. Cuts down noise well too.

firecontrol86

I like the carpet idea. Guess I never thought of putting it in there like that. So the spray glue held it up pretty easy or did you have something holding it up while the glue dried?