• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A paint job, at home.

JCKnife

I'd like to know more about what you had to do in terms of disassembly and masking things off. Looks like it was fairly simple...

zout

Anyone spraying with a rattle can in any quantity - there is a inexpensive trigger unit that snaps onto the top of the rattle can - making it like a spray gun - you still have the crummy spray can nozzle for the flow of paint - but the trigger unit works great and easy on the trigger finger. The trigger unit is plastic and solvent resistant (will not melt with thinners) and works till ya break it. We just get ours at the local ACE hardware. This is not an advertisement for ACE - you can probably get them at your local big outlets.

I would attach a pic of it - but its under my MV tire at the moment.

slong

I'm the one in the photo spraying the truck. HVLP gun with a 20 gallon compressor I used about 40 psi so there wasn't much overspray. The truck is not strong enough plus you don't want it running for hours. The masking takes the longest but it was not hard to spray. There are a few small runs but this is an army truck not a Ferrari. I used rapco paint and it took 2 gallons.

maxim

Got this hard top dropside with multi color replaced fenders and un-used dropside bed but the mutil color was not going to make it.. Not too bad for rust just a few days of the grinder and wire wheel ...banged out a few dents...primed with Rustolium Very Rusty primer...and yea, wear the protective equipment...even when grinding...CARC scares me...

Attachments

slong

The nice thing about this truck was it had only been camoed once. If you folded the seats down or removed a panel it was semi gloss OD. And yes I was lucky there was no carc on the truck

djimmy31

Deuce looks great with the new paint but as others have said wear a mask with filters. Automotive types paint are extremely unhealthy to breath.

slong

your right I do most of the time. Tomorrow I will be putting on all the stars and numbers.