• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 to A2 Bearing Conversion

HanksDeuce

3" PVC. With an adapter on the seal end and a cap on the driving end.

Warning-I shattered 2 caps during this procedure.

View attachment 533779
Clinto,

For what it's worth I use a 3 inch PVC cleanout plug threaded into an adapter instead of a flat cap. I haven't measured the end thickness of either for comparison, but I haven't shattered the cleanout plug yet.

welldigger

Clinto,

For what it's worth I use a 3 inch PVC cleanout plug threaded into an adapter instead of a flat cap. I haven't measured the end thickness of either for comparison, but I haven't shattered the cleanout plug yet.
That flat drain cap clinto is using won't survive much abuse. He needs a sch. 40 domed cap. I have whacked mine very hard. Hasn't broke.

rivercreek

So, I pulled everything apart AGAIN and flipped the seals the correct way. Genuine thanks to those who promptly pointed out my embarassing screw-up. Very fortunate to be able to remove old(new) seals without ruining them. Ended up using the hole in the backing plate (previously the entry point for the CTIS air line) to judiciously remove the seals in conjuction with a now modified (destroyed and disfigured, but previously very nice) large name brand flathead screwdriver, long punch and hammer. Good to go. Not posting any more pictures for fear it may be used to further incriminate me ,lol.

Disclaimer: Valuable tools WERE harmed during this production.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny:

A lot of work there friend, something I'll need to learn one day, but I aspire to handle my flubs as gracefully as yourself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks