• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abandoned Deuce

Elwenil

I understadn what you are saying. I am still in the planning stages right now. I am very concerned about what may happen if some decides to accuse me of stealing. But I cannot help to at least consider this mossion.

Oh yeah, I am not longer in the military. I work in Force Protection and Security.

Ah, I see. I "assumed" and we all know what that gets us, lol. While that is less risk, I still think I would consider it carefully. I think something like this would raise questions in all the wrong places. Good luck to you if you try it but it seems as if you are stretching yourself thin and bending over backwards to achieve something that may not be worth the effort. I hope it all works out for you in the end, no matter what you decide to do.

Lonesome715

The thought of spending more on shipping that it would cost to buy one out right bothers me quite a bit. But after seeing what happens to them after the Iraqis get them pains me.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some states dont have bonded titles........

In NY, for a car/truck you either have a "real" title or SF-97. End of story.. No other paperwork is accepted, no bonded titles, no nothing....

Last edited:

Michael

I would say you are risking about 1 chance in 10 of spending about 10 to 20 thousand in legal fees to keep yourself out of jail if it gets seized at the port. While that is pretty good odds, I just don't see that it is worth it.

Lex_Ordo

After reading all the posts, I think it's an admirable idea to save the truck, but the more people involved in trying to get a statement that releases the truck to you the better chance the anwer will be "no".

Also, there is something else to consider. There are Customs Brokers that specialize in container imports to the US. You might want to contact one of them and find out the legal way to bring it home.

On a side note, you really should save your hard earned money and look into a Stateside truck that will not need all the work you are going to have to put into this one. The cost will outway the re-sale value of the truck.

There are great runners that need only cosmetic repair in most cases, and trust me when I tell you, the bigger the truck, the more it costs to fix something.

My .02 worth, because I'd hate to hear that you invested all this money into it and it never gets to where you'd want it to be. Both mechanically, and transported.

Lonesome715

Those are good points. I have soncidered them before, and although I am still looking into this I am prepared to walk away once I see it cannot happen.

wiggall

I know when the Idaho NG went to Irag they took all their equipment with them! When they came home all they HAD WAS THEIR UNDERWEAR! THEY LEFT EVERYTHING ELSE THERE! FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973

Lonesome715

Well yet another challenge has popped up. I have not checked on the truck in a few days and during that time some one ran T-walls right in my damn way. The logistical issues have just gone beyond my limits. I hate to say it, but I think the fate of this deuce has been sealed. I am very upset over this. I really want a deuce and I cannot touch them for what they have been selling for on GL. By the time I do have the money there will not be any left.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lonesome715

Some one suggested I at least try and salvage the winch. I agree I should at least try. Can any one tell be about it? How much is it worth? I am asking because I want to know if the cost of shipping will be worth it. Not to mention the hell I will have to go through to find tools and pull it.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a standard deuce winch kit. It is worth about a grand, unless someone wants to pay more because it was on a truck that has some history to it. Personally, I would think the brush guard would have some value.

Lonesome715

A grand may make it worth to hassle. I would save it for when or if I ever get one.

I know of several ways I could get it out. But that will require getting more people evolved and more equipment. Over here nothing moves with out paper work. There is no way I can be discreet about it once that happens. Too many questions will be asked and I will hit brick walls in getting it done. I had made some under the table arrangements before. But that is when I did not need very much to get it loaded.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Ask a humvee thats driving by if they can help you tow a Duece out. Im sure a couple soldiers would help you in a heart beat . Just dont say anything more than that about the truck . A tow cable or chain and about 5 minutes would get it freed up.

BTW , the winch drum , cable , bumper extentions , pto , driveshaft , and all the cab controls sell for about 1,000 . Its more than just the drum and cable.

Lonesome715

I was planning on pulling all of it. That is IF I can get the tools and time and not get noticed. I still need a shipping weight so I can get an estimate. I did not get photographs of the area directly behind the truck. Tight isn't the word. Especially since it will take one or two vehicles to get it out. I have recovered vehicles in similar positions; it took quite a bit longer than five minutes. I do have an idea though. I speak to the recovery guys a lot and they tell me about how they like to train but have no aids to do so. I may be able to turn this into a training session for them. Maybe.

Oh yeah, about the bumper. That grill guard is crap. I got a close look at it and I would cut it off if I am able to get the truck. Some one had no idea what they were doing when they made it.

Back92A

Well, after reading all the posts here I can honestly say that there are people (soldiers) who do care and I see the will here however, finding the way thats the hard part. From where the duce is to a "repair" place is would be the first place I would start. Most wrench turners are in that job are in it for the love of the work. You may find a volenteer to assist doing an assestment of the duce. If it is minor problems it maybe woth while to fix, if not she has plenty of parts to get another duce on its feet. If you love one duce you gotta love them all. Besisides, volenteers have ways of performing the impossible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks