• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abandoned deuces in Baltimore

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All cities and governments have towing contractors either on rotation or by contract. It costs the city nothing to have them removed from the proerty. The tow company is obligated to try to contact the owners if known. If they are not known, they are required to run an ad in the paper for a specified time. Once all these hurdles are completed (and the paperwork trail to prove it), they can submit a package to the DMV for a lein title to be generated. At that point they can be disposed of either by scrap, sale or auction. Anything short of this procedure would be operating in the shadows.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got an email from Bill, the city employee tasked with clearing the lot. He said that the truck situation has been settled, and the vehicles will be removed by someone who will take care of them. I don't know who it is, but I know there were a few contacts sent out from the MVPA. I was just one of them.

I was talking to my father about the trucks and he gave me some interesting information. He said that he worked at the port directly across the street from these trucks right around 1964-1965 as a civilian, before he enlisted and went to Vietnam. Their entire job was to prepare and load military vehicles for delivery to Southeast Asia. He said that these trucks may have been left there for some reason, and were forgotten about. They may still belong to the military and were just lost in the system.

Anyway, as it looks, the vehicles will be removed and repurposed. At least we got a interesting discussion out of it.

Jim

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great response guys, these trucks went from abandoned to a whole lot of people concerned about them, great site.
Hope they find a home.
JC

jaxsof

The lot was used by a contractor that was de-hazmatting Ft. Holabird. I had considered trying to rescue them at one time, but couldn't find the owner of the property other than: LE PETOMANE XXIII INC, 35 EAST WACKER DR #1550
CHICAGO IL 60601-0000, and theyre a bankrupt entity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks