• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABERDEEN 2012 ( Only 192 days away)

Nonotagain

I got the camo cargo cover for my deuce and a ladder for the bed today.

I had no luck finding a camo cargo cover for my 105 trailer. Anyone coming tomorrow with one?
There were some in isle C/D half way down.

Both of my M105A3's have camo covers. The pattern is identical on both, so I doubt that they were done in the field.

Marlboro

hey boys was down there earlyer today and got a bunch of things i needed. so thanks for all the good deals. But got home tore into the truck when i got home to do the head gaskets and reseal some other things on the truck. started to pull front of truck apart so i can do all the hoses sence everone of them leaks and to find the water pump to be on its way out with all the play that is in it. was wondering if anybody has a new one or has seen one and how much they wanted for it to see if its worth comeing back down and payin all the $&@#ing tolls. any help would be appreciated thanks

hunderliggur

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336820477.590352.jpgpicked up a nice M101A2 to go with my M1009. No problems on the 80 mile ride home. The lights even work! Need to clean up my M1009 receptacle though, bring out the wire brush.

m816

:-(Well, things didn't work out for me to get down there this year. I miss not seeing a lot of friends, Hope everyone had fun and found ome of those things ya'll needed. See everyone at Gilbert.

rickf

Made it there and back in one piece. Met some nice people, some not so nice. I think this might just be my last year, after 25 years I have noticed a disturbing trend in the type of people attending these meets. I paid a lot of money for my spot but had to abandon it to avoid a confrontation. I just got out of the hospital last Friday and did not need the stress nor could I stand up for myself if I had to. The vendors are dropping like flies because the internet and Ebay are providing a lot more income without the outlay for fuel and admission. The people are treating it more as a once a year massive party than a swap meet. I saw as many bobbed trucks there as whole ones. Kind of hard to convince others you are preserving history and that the vehicles should be surplussed and not scrapped when 50% of them there are modified. Do not get me wrong, would actually like to have a bobber but on the other hand I would like to see them preserved. Kind of caught in the middle on that one. Just thinking about the general public perception.

Rick

joshs1ofakindxj

I only saw 2 or 3 bobbers, vs maybe 20 whole trucks.

This was my first MV rally/swap meet, and I was told this was a lot more flea market and swap meet than it was a rally.

Attendance seemed low, vs what I expected.

It was worth it just to see the trucks, meet a forum goer or 2, and see the remaining pieces of the ordnance museum with my dad.

My haul (pictured) was 6 decent jerry cans for $60 total, 3 jerry can mounts for $40, 1 stretcher for $20, one deuce bed step ramp for $60, and one rough deuce camo cover for $200. I also got a strap long enough to use as a LT's strap on the back of the deuce for $5.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Made it there and back in one piece. Met some nice people, some not so nice. I think this might just be my last year, after 25 years I have noticed a disturbing trend in the type of people attending these meets. I paid a lot of money for my spot but had to abandon it to avoid a confrontation. I just got out of the hospital last Friday and did not need the stress nor could I stand up for myself if I had to. The vendors are dropping like flies because the internet and Ebay are providing a lot more income without the outlay for fuel and admission. The people are treating it more as a once a year massive party than a swap meet. I saw as many bobbed trucks there as whole ones. Kind of hard to convince others you are preserving history and that the vehicles should be surplussed and not scrapped when 50% of them there are modified. Do not get me wrong, would actually like to have a bobber but on the other hand I would like to see them preserved. Kind of caught in the middle on that one. Just thinking about the general public perception.

Rick
Rick, I guess YOU will just have to come to the 12SSGAR in Oct. to see a real rally and where EVERYBODY is GREAT

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Rick, I guess YOU will just have to come to the 12SSGAR in Oct. to see a real rally and where EVERYBODY is GREAT
Yeah cause, we don't party there. :gimp2:
Yes but WE do have OUTSTANDING CHERRIES, a large bonfire, a lot of visiting, a good bit of beer (NO ONE GETS OUT OF HAND), pig on the grill, full function mkt, trail rides (day/night), grass surface, vendors, outside trouble makers control, OUTSTANDING CHERRIES, hard ball convoy, :doghead: :wreckerman893::73m819::gimp: CAMO plus a whole bunch of other good guys and ladies, very kid friendly (everybody looks after the kids), shooting range, mud to get stuck in, OUTSTANDING CHERRIES, I am sure there are a lot more GOOD reasons to come to the 12SSGAR, the PREMIRE EAST COAST RALLY, but I am caught up on the OUTSTANDING CHERRIES

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73m819
Yes but WE do have OUTSTANDING CHERRIES,l, OUTSTANDING CHERRIES, OUTSTANDING CHERRIES, OUTSTANDING CHERRIES

I seem to detect a theme running through your post....:)
You did notice that, how strange :beer:

Just got unpacked from the return trip to Jersey. I thought the show was a let down this year. Seems Wed and Thurs are the best days now? Some guys were already leaving on Thurs and Friday. Still had a lot of fun and most of the old time vendors did hang in until late Saturday. Cheers to all of them: Art Swain, Jim Henry, Carnac, Emmando22, JATONKA, ect. If I missed anyone it was not intentional. Most people in the hobby can't afford to take more than Friday and Saturday off. So you come down Sat and the vendor area has a ton of holes a lot less vendors selling.

I saw a lot of nice vehicles and met more really great people. Thanks to Cabell for a really nice dinner as usual. Thanks to Art for the dedication to Joe Young. Joe was a credit to the MV Hobby and he will be missed. Thanks also to the generosity and good company that is always present in the Gypsy Camp. Special thanks to Molly, Joe, Anna, and Steve. Dave the calms were awesome! Can't wait to see you all at the Sparta Rally!

John

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks