• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2014

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
The letter just arrived in the mail for previous vendor registration for Aberdeen. The dates are May 8-10. Thats Thursday thru Saturday. Like all previous years you may arrive on Wednesday and must leave by Sunday morning but lately the lot is empty by 3pm on Saturday. Now you can to go online at www.militaryvehicleshow.com. I will reserve a block like prior years but need the money by Jan 31. Send me a pm to let me know if you are going and want to be with the MD/PA/VA block of spaces. ATD

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
The Blue Gray met this morning and it was all good news. Sold vendor spots are well ahead of previous years. After Feb 1 you can contact the web site and reserve your spot if you were not a vendor last year. It will be here before you know it.

MadCat2

Tew's Armory will be there! Had a great show last year and expanding! Trying to convince the USO girls to come again! and we ran out of gear last year so we are gonna fix that one too!

East Marlborough-20130103-00293.jpg

CGarbee

I have my spaces again this year and will be cooking Eastern Style NC BBQ for the folks in the ECC and for my buddies on Friday night... No pretty ladies at my location unless Tew comes to dinner with his entourage... :)
I'll have a few parts to sell. The coffee and cold water with heaps of BS on the side will be free as always...
Yellow T8/9, U4/5...

MadCat2

Wont be the same one as last year, who knows where they fly off too! lol But we will be there!
IMG-20120825-00202.jpg
Its a tough job, but someone has to do it!

klawrence

If I decide to drive the truck down there, do I have to do anything special to "show" the truck ? Or just leave it in the parking lot ?

CGarbee

If I decide to drive the truck down there, do I have to do anything special to "show" the truck ? Or just leave it in the parking lot ?
There is a display area where all you have to do is show up and park (you might also want to inform the folks at the registration desk/tent).
If you sell stuff you need to get a vendor space (or borrow some space from somebody like myself who has room).

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
The MD guys will be in yellow, LM 10-19. Right near Jim Henry... Count me in for the Friday nite dinner. i would not miss it. Cabell if you need anything call me...

CGarbee

Good to hear that the MD gang will be nearby again. I've been going over my lists of things to do before I head out and, thankfully, the list is getting shorter and shorter.
Better news is that BMann will be with me again this year (it's been touch and go for him the last couple of months) so that he can take care of shirts and merchandise sales...and I can focus on food and drink. :)

CGarbee

What is the best day to go?
That's the thousand dollar question.... :)

Some say that you have to get there on Wednesday (dealer setup) or early Thursday to get the bargains as the vendors set up and unpack stuff.
Some say that you get the best deals on Saturday when almost everyone packs up to go home (the place is about deserted most years right after lunch although some, like me, stay until Sunday morning).
Kinda depends on what you are looking for.

The East Coast Convoy arrives on Thursday afternoon, with a party at my location (Eastern NC Style BBQ and fixings) on Friday night.

I would say Friday is the best day if you want to maximize the number of vehicles and stuff to be seen (and if you are hungry...). If you want that rare part, early may be best, but then, it may arrive on Friday afternoon with the guy that isn't there for the whole time...

Best to come early and stay late-that's what I do.

It's a good time as long as you come before Saturday lunch...and bring both rain gear and sunscreen.

plode

That's the thousand dollar question.... :)

Some say that you have to get there on Wednesday (dealer setup) or early Thursday to get the bargains as the vendors set up and unpack stuff.
Some say that you get the best deals on Saturday when almost everyone packs up to go home (the place is about deserted most years right after lunch although some, like me, stay until Sunday morning).
Kinda depends on what you are looking for.

The East Coast Convoy arrives on Thursday afternoon, with a party at my location (Eastern NC Style BBQ and fixings) on Friday night.

I would say Friday is the best day if you want to maximize the number of vehicles and stuff to be seen (and if you are hungry...). If you want that rare part, early may be best, but then, it may arrive on Friday afternoon with the guy that isn't there for the whole time...

Best to come early and stay late-that's what I do.

It's a good time as long as you come before Saturday lunch...and bring both rain gear and sunscreen.
Thank you. Looks like I'll probably go on Friday. I'm not bringing the truck though- I need to look for some parts at the show/swapmeet to get it road worthy. Not to mention the cost of fuel and tolls would leave me without any money to buy parts!

reset2

Hey all
Looking for the surge brake shock for a M101a2 trailer. Any one got any? Or know where to get them. Looking for 4 (not for the one trailer). Found them on the net for around $70.00. but thought the show would be better.

Thanks Robert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks