• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABN173's Little Project

AN/ARC186

Well Dale, here she is!!
Ran and drove like a champ, you've even got a battery cutoff, 12 V tie in point and (this really surprised me) when you put her in reverse the backup lights come on as does the beeper!!
All servicing is up to date, the paint is fresh and she has the best brakes I've ever felt in one of these trucks!!
So without further ado:

Attachments

wsucougarx

I just want to express my gratitude for Dan to go out of his way to help secure Dale's truck. It's guys like this that make the Steelsoldiers the way it is. I added to your Reputation points because of your selflessness Dan. You're awesome!!

PS: Oh yah, thanks Scott!!

Last edited:

ABN173

I just want to express my gratitude for Dan to go out of his way to help secure Dale's truck. It's guys like this that make the Steelsoldiers the way it is. I added to your Reputation points because of your selflessness Dan. You're awesome!!
And Scott who gave up sleeping to help with the recovery!

-Dale

ABN173

Dan,

Thanks so much dude! I could not have even bid on it without knowing I had a plan in place!
Of course I have many questions, is this a whistler? Tell me more about this canvas top!
I may have to go vietnam era instead of Desert Storm theme on this truck?

-Dale

Last edited:

AN/ARC186

Well, the top is old canvas, not in the best shape. looks like they painted it black.
I think once you see her with tan tops over that red, you might just change your mind about painting her right away.
The springer seat back cushion is in really good shape so all you need is the bottom seat cushion. The bench could stand to be recovered.

She's not a whistler but her turbo works fine, plenty of power, even uphill.

AN/ARC186

The wood will have to be replaced, but the metal looks to be in good shape. I'm going to start fabbing the brackets tomorrow to attach the cargo top to the side rails.

ABN173

I'm curious, what did the fire house guys have to say? Did they know it was going to a soldier? Is that why they came up with the troop seats and headache rack?

-Dale

ABN173

Awesome rig and good rubber too!.:jumpin:
Thanks Tony, I had hoped to spend less which is why I started bidding on her. I ended up spending $5 more than the truck you had offered me. Thank you for that by the way, I know you were not planning on selling one and just offered to do so in order to help me out!

-Dale

ABN173

While there is always stuff you can do to these trucks, and the thread title resembles "srodocker's little project" thread I started for Scott, sounds like I will not have to do much except optional improvments. Can't wait to get back stateside and check her out!

-Dale

Last edited:

zout

Dale - after seeing a lot of BLUE the last couple yrs on vehicles getting worked on - that RED looks in great shape and kind of grows on you - might grow to get rid of it or keep it - but that is a great looking truck.[thumbzup]

ABN173

Zout,

It does look to be a new/recent paint job. Might let her ride like that for awhile, but most likely she will be a Desert Storm themed Deuce with 24th INF DIV (M) markings at some point in her future. That was my first unit that I deployed with in Desert Storm.

-Dale

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dale - after seeing a lot of BLUE the last couple yrs on vehicles getting worked on - that RED looks in great shape and kind of grows on you - might grow to get rid of it or keep it - but that is a great looking truck.[thumbzup]
Yep, I gotta admit...that truck just has ...well...the "wow factor!"[thumbzup]

I honestly thought about painting my M816 and BFR's "Crane Thingy" red/white to match our company colors but I chickened out.:roll::roll:

Anyhoo...great score and thanks to all involved for helping the Chief while he's forward.[thumbzup]

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks