• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABN173's Little Project

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck. It's so . . . . . . . . red! Maybe add some gray and black in a NATO pattern and end up with urban/disney camouflage.

ABN173

Lol Kenny, If I had a spare truck I'd put a Arctic cargo cover on it. Then put some white "A's" on the doors, paint an elephant head on the hood and get a "roll tide" air horn.....(you see where I'm going with this) bolt a red and white cooler into the truck bed. Drive her down to Bama and flip it as the ultimate tail-gate party truck!

Now back to reality, at some point this will be a Desert Storm truck.......funny thoughts though.

-Dale

Last edited:

ABN173

On a serious note, Rydel offered to recover the seats with his commercial sewing machine. I just have to come up with the canvas. I know some riggers who might give me enough canvas to recover the seats. I'll find out when I get back.

-Dale

Danger Ranger

I want to know about the tires too. I have seen them on other trucks but have had no luck when looking on the internet. They look awesome, and similar treads have been on commercial trucks for a long time.

AN/ARC186

Well, the welder died mid pass so I'm going to have to take the brackets in to get welded.
It should only be a day setback. going to go with the bracket set up jeepzilla47 came up with. that way I don't have to cut any of the top supports and it will make the cover fit a bit more snug. So it should be on by tomorrow night.

The tires in question are Prime X Trackmaster 500 Load Range "E" 10 ply 9.00-20

Attachments

kurtkds

The wood will have to be replaced, but the metal looks to be in good shape. I'm going to start fabbing the brackets tomorrow to attach the cargo top to the side rails.
Dan, I still have the remnants of the troop seats that I got from you minus 2 slats. Do you want them for this project?

Which fire Department did this Deuce come from?

ABN173

Dan, I still have the remnants of the troop seats that I got from you minus 2 slats. Do you want them for this project?

Which fire Department did this Deuce come from?
Thanks kurt, Rydel Edwards also offered a few, so we should be able to piece together a complete set! I'll leave that call up to Dan and Scott though. This Deuce came from the Snohomish County Fire Department.

-Dale

Amer-team

Nice truck. When you do get around to painting, it looks like they did a nice enough job on the red to make your painting life a lot nicer.

REO 54

Dale's Deuce!

Sorry Dale I just now logged on to SS and got your PM.

That truck is a winner! [thumbzup] Scott and Dan you guys are A+

So,I guess I'll continue to be the only RH StepChild of the PNW Crew eh? :whistle:

jets1959

Sorry Dale I just now logged on to SS and got your PM.

That truck is a winner! [thumbzup] Scott and Dan you guys are A+

So,I guess I'll continue to be the only RH StepChild of the PNW Crew eh? :whistle:
Your truck looks cool as well except the head on it is white not red!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLrofl

ABN173

That truck is a winner! [thumbzup]
Scott and Dan you guys are A+

Thanks Dave, I did get the right truck! Yes, Dan and Scott are great and I have something to give them both which they might like once I get back.

Oh I don't know while at some point my truck will end up a Desert Storm truck I think the red needs to stick around for a couple of years maybe, it kinda grows on me everytime I look at the pics. Time will tell I guess.

-Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks