• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABN173's Little Project

ABN173

Nice score... Glad things worked out for you... Problem with this hobby is you can never just have one and there is always something to improve/wrench on.. Great times and lots of fun I predict in your future.

I vote for tan..
Thanks Sneaker. Oh MV's yeah while this is my first Deuce, I have a M1008 and I used to have a M1009. Also had a M116 trailer too.

It will be tan, its just a matter of when.

-Dale

ABN173

Dan,

Almost forgot, can you post a pic of data plate/or just pm me the info? also frame VIN #?
I want to post on Carnac's 2012 VIN info thread and see what army unit she last belonged to.

Thanks,
Dale

AN/ARC186

No worries Dale, I'll get those pics for you today.
The fireman we talked with really liked this truck, he told us when he came out to get the paperwork about the sides being at the other fire station. There was a nice set of fiberglass bows in the bed of yours that belonged to the 5 ton they got to replace this truck. He asked if we would mind driving over to pick up the sides and drop off the bows.
Well, we're burning daylight here, time to get out and start fabricating!

ABN173

its a beaut of a truck. cant wait to start turning wrenches. I have stuff to do today but next weekend i'll defiantly do some!

what day you getting back dale?
Thanks Scott, you guys are awesome! Oh that's need to know info that we are not allowed to discuss. I know this is vague but its weeks not months.

-Dale

wsucougarx

Wow looking good! Is that the cab cover Zout gave to Scott? You know, red with tan covers is starting to grow on me. It actually looks pretty good together[thumbzup]

srodocker

I have a extra headache rack dan. near my moss covered trailer. has new wood on it but could use sanding. it may be the same size though. the smaller ones i think are for dropsides.

yea thats my top. im looking for a green one. im going to go to brads and convince he doesnt need a green one...

64c30

I have a extra headache rack dan. near my moss covered trailer. has new wood on it but could use sanding. it may be the same size though. the smaller ones i think are for dropsides.

yea thats my top. im looking for a green one. im going to go to brads and convince he doesnt need a green one...
If you can't locate a green one @ Brads, or anywhere else, what you have can be painted. The newer issue vinyl is designed to be painted when the needed color's not available, or for deployment to a different type of landscape. The cab cover on Chris Bs tanker used to be 3 color camo. Was painted desert tan about 3 yrs ago with Gillespie paint. It looks as good as when painted. (But, being indoors 99% of the time may be a contributing factor.)

srodocker

heheh I like doing the recovery...I want to do another!!!

and about the paint. yea im going to paint my cargo cover with green. just going to locate another top and Im sure brad has one laying around hehehe

AN/ARC186

I'm really hoping to have the cargo cover on tomorrow.

Scott, a guy wants to trade me a top for some lights I have, it's supposed to be new, still in the box. will know more on Tuesday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks