• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABN173's Little Project

Amer-team

Dale,
missed you again today. I saw your truck though. Was over doing WW1 on the back side of the baseball field. Had not done that before and it was a lot of fun.
Had the M38A1 out for our female medic friend, painted the bumper for her unit, 1 Med. BN, 65-66. she had a ball with it today. We will catch up one of these days.

ABN173

Dale,
missed you again today. I saw your truck though. Was over doing WW1 on the back side of the baseball field. Had not done that before and it was a lot of fun.
Had the M38A1 out for our female medic friend, painted the bumper for her unit, 1 Med. BN, 65-66. she had a ball with it today. We will catch up one of these days.
Yeah I was helping Mike(AMRAM) and Scott out til really late last night so I was not feeling up to staying all day as planned.

Amer-team

Know the feeling, wish I had been available, but was in Portland for work yesterday and then to the fort last evening to set up two tents for todays display. Had the model 1917 wall tent and the M-1942 small wall tent doing duty today.

ABN173

Dale thank you for the tip. Does it have enough juice for lug nuts? I have a 1/2 in air impact and it won't even phase the lug nuts on my 5 T.
Yes it works on the deuce. Since you originally asked I have had the opportunity to assist Mike and Scott and put the Robotool to the test. There may be a couple that are stubborn that need some PB Blaster but the 24v Robotool does indeed work. The standard air impact does not work, you need a heavy duty one with at least 500 foot pounds. You can normally get one for less than $100. I prefer the robotool since its handy for roadside, i suppose you could run a air impact from the truck though especially if you add a larger air tank which I am also considering.

-Dale

ABN173

Just a few small projects today

First up is a couple weeks ago I scored a gov issue metal jerry can from an estate sale for free when I bought some other things. Oh it came with two fuel spouts one is similar to issued one but shorter and the other is really narrow.

I sanded it down, washed it and repainted it before mounting it on truck today.

-Dale

edit: red is slightly off, trying to find a better match.

Attachments

ABN173

Batt box

Ok last simple project for today was to trade out the battery box.

Thanks to WSUCOUGARX (Mike) who sold me a plastic battery box I was able to replace mine which was so badly rusted I'm surprised batteries were not falling out of where the bottom is supposed to have been.

Still need to transfer one of the two old mounting bolts over (one was beyond saving) and drill holes for the locking bars on the new box.

-Dale

Attachments

ABN173

24V Jeep Heater install

Well thanks to Dan (AN/ARC186) my Jeep heater install is complete! Just in time for my Mid-December cross-country move too! Anyway a bit different install than I have seen but I did not want to sacrifice leg room for my passengers. Oh one of the pictures is where I decided to run a bead of clear silicone under the windshield frame to prevent water from getting through there.

-Dale

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I had to tear my impact tool apart as well. Those little plastic pieces jammed up the cooling fan pretty good. At first I thought I got a bum unit. Then I heard the little pieces banging around in the unit. Then I remembered you had a similiar issue. All is well now.