• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

acceleration problem

hello ! we just took in a m998 an 86 but had a recent gep swap looks like somebody rebuilt the injector pump as well we have limited knowledge of the trucks history / the truck starts and runs fine idles fine but under load w acceleration it iot bogs way down and will essentially not pick up acceleration after a few seconds with foot on accelerator it will rapidly pick up acceleration and appear to run ok once you back off pedal does same thing again
we drained fuel and changed the filter its getting good stream at the stopcock and we did crack most of injectors seems to be getting good fuel to the injectors.
tried to sorta do the old hand time with a 2 x 4 without any luck but don't have precision timing equip available . question is any thoughts? think timing may be culprit ? or any other ideas
second part of question while messing w this issue we noted we had i couple pull off injector pumps at the shop just not sure if they came off a 6.2 or 6.5l to be honest i know the 6.2l stanadyne is the db2 2829 4879 are there other brands or part numbers that were used ? is this the only 6.2l pump ie if ones in shop (am checking in am) are of a different number then they are 6.5l any help much appreciated

papakb

What trans is in your truck? If it's a 4L80 and the TCM isn't getting 12v or working properly you could be in limp mode.

3jacks

I had a similar issue, mine was a very small leak in fuel line under passenger side. Didn’t see a lot of fuel on ground when parked...but under acceleration it would lose power rapidly then surge. If you are seeing hard start as well...check all fuel lines. I found mine while someone was standing next to rig after start and some revving of the engine, fuel squirting everywhere...

I had a similar issue, mine was a very small leak in fuel line under passenger side. Didn’t see a lot of fuel on ground when parked...but under acceleration it would lose power rapidly then surge. If you are seeing hard start as well...check all fuel lines. I found mine while someone was standing next to rig after start and some revving of the engine, fuel squirting everywhere...
will give it a look ! pretty sure we have a timing issue here !

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Pretty hard to have a timing issue, unless IP pump shaft severed, timing chain skip a tooth or Samson bent the Injector lines into a pretzel.

I am not seeing timing as an issue, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks