• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ACTUAL HMMWV width?

Awol

I've wondered about this too. My trailer deck is 80" wide, and has a raised perimeter of about 3". I was thinking I could take 2"x10" boards and fill up that 3" gap around the deck, and drive up over the fenders. I don't know if the fenders will take the weight though.

MT/R's around here are $100 per tire at 90% tread!

NCBPhantom

I've wondered about this too. My trailer deck is 80" wide, and has a raised perimeter of about 3". I was thinking I could take 2"x10" boards and fill up that 3" gap around the deck, and drive up over the fenders. I don't know if the fenders will take the weight though.

MT/R's around here are $100 per tire at 90% tread!
I would like to know where I can get those inexpensive tires.

MaverickH1

Success! My 81.5" wide between the fenders rental trailer fit the M1123 perfectly. Low pressure in the tires allowed it to morph well enough to fit. The trailer had no sharp edges except for a weld area on the inside of the fenders, but I lubed it all up with dish soap just to be sure.

2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks