• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advertising!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand that we/site needs advertising but I am sick and tired of watching men kiss and I can’t even report the ad as being offensive! I say stuff far less controversial and I get my stuff deleted!!!! I’m offended by it and we need to have a more family friendly form of advertising!

badger_610889

I haven't experienced that. It must be your Google profile that has been categorized as an amateur of these things and therefore a good target for such ads :)

More seriously I don't really care but I was a manager at a tech company a few years ago and noticed that employees were complaining that certain perspectives were forced on them (such as LGBT material and events) while certain employee clubs were prevented from advertising on the employee boards (such as shooting club) and I thought that particularly in appropriate and unfair.

Keep in mind that straight folks buying humvees like most of us on this forum aren't really an interesting audience for most large tech companies that monetize more progressive perspectives extremely well, therefore their support and bias.

I have chosen to just ignore them and live in peace while teaching my kids what our culture and perspectives are. But it's a problem if you have a young child who can see adds that can be disturbing. I can tell you it's not as naive as we'd think and part of a behavioral reprogramming so that your kids become perfect consumers so you're right to shield them.

All my browsers have add blockers and filters. That blocks some sites that sometimes I simply choose to not visit anymore, but globally it works well for only a couple dozen bucks a year...

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t really get a men kissing men vibe here and I think their advertising dollars would be better spent somewhere else. I don’t care how anyone chooses to live their lives but I don’t need to watch it. They preach family values and then we are subjected to that… I guess whatever you are selling is ok as long as you are paying for it.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You sure you're not seeing this stuff on the "Hummer" forum ??? :ROFLMAO:
You may have typed HUMMER into your search engine too many times and now its targeting you :LOL:
It’s sad because my Son asked me why are those men kissing! Dad is that weird? Yes Son it’s an abomination and wrong according to our King. I would rather explain what sh*t is…. That gets deleted. I don’t know but my beliefs are being assaulted and it’s doing harm to my children. I shouldn’t have to explain that on a site that is pro family.

Last edited:

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just not sure where you're seeing this on this forum.. Needless to say I am confused.. And I understand your point completely. It is sad that we must take so many steps to protect those around us from this perverse world we currently live in.. You honestly cant do any searches online without something upsetting popping up.. I've put so many filters on my computer but it almost is too restrictive when searching, Guess its a part of our current culture that we need to adapt to and try our best to shelter and explain why the world is the way it is to our children.. Seems like I have that talk a few times a week in my home..

Gonna end it here before this whole place becomes a political debate on right and wrong... This is supposed to be my Happy Place !!!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just not sure where you're seeing this on this forum.. Needless to say I am confused.. And I understand your point completely. It is sad that we must take so many steps to protect those around us from this perverse world we currently live in.. You honestly cant do any searches online without something upsetting popping up.. I've put so many filters on my computer but it almost is too restrictive when searching, Guess its a part of our current culture that we need to adapt to and try our best to shelter and explain why the world is the way it is to our children.. Seems like I have that talk a few times a week in my home..
I will take a screenshot next time I see it. It’s gross and doesn’t belong anywhere

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hadn't even thought about this benefit of being a paid member. Seems worth the price for blocking ads alone. I see offensive advertising everywhere. On TV, youtube, even on the radio. It's easy for me to ignore ads in general, but as others mentioned, kids absorb everything. It means we as parents must work harder to teach our children the values that we believe in. Teach them well, and trust them to make the right decisions.

I miss the old days....

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there is a message to be heard here!

The site owner needs to work with Google and insist that no blasphemous advertising be allowed on this family and Bible friendly site.

Our Constitution guarantees religious respect and freedom. Leviticus and Exodus need to be respected in a land of religious freedoms!!!!! We have the right to demand our religious beliefs be respected by advertisers.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with weird inappropriate advertising on this site, I constantly have one of larger females trying to look provocative. There have been other advertisements too.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my picture of their advertising didn’t show up and only one did. I have problems posting pics sometimes. I just don’t think this is appropriate for 97% of members
1661010134615.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks