• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on turning up a Cummins 8.3

mikey

I just bumped into a guy at the gas station talking to me about my M931A2. Seemed to know his stuff and he knew it had a Cummins 8.3. He asked me if I turned up the fuel, but I told him I didn't want to lose MPG. He said I'd get better MPG if I turned it up. He said I should turn it up to "2150" or "20% over the rail".

Does that make sense to anyone and would you get better MPG by turning it up?

Thanks

Mikey

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There is a thread on bumping the power in the 6cta. I have mine turned up and it seems to use more fuel like this. I also have a heavy foot. I would think if you were light on the pedal then gas mileage should be around the same. Turning up the fuel just gives you the ability to use more fuel.

Ford Mechanic

Yeah there's a thread devoted to bumping the power on the 6CTA in the Hotroding the 5 ton section. Should be on the 1st page of threads as it's fairly popular.

shadowdd

I can say that making minor adjustments to the injector pump which like everyone said above really awakens the truck to its full potential.... I find that I don't have to keep my foot all the way in it to maintain speed or climb grades; it just wants to pull!! Seach for the 6cta fuel mods and you will find exact instructions and videos. PM me if you have any questions.

Bryan

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any performance upgrade (not efficiency upgrade) will have a resulting increase of fuel usage. Its physics, however just because you have increased performance doesn't mean you always have to use it. Its all about potential. I have my truck turned up (just as in the thread mentioned) and love it.

infidel got me

I also turned up the fuel on mine,but insteadof going full out i went half way.ex-if video said 4 turns i went 2,adjust 8 clicks i went 4.it has made more power and tourqe,plus i can always go full out and do full turns/clicks.im not going 2 race mustangs but their was diference vs. Stock setup.i'm leaving my setup as is truck does what i want it to and then some -

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks